No American flag at Sams Tour in Alabama against ordinances

I mean this in the nicest possible way, you Americans are a silly bunch.
:mad2:
The American Flag is something that unites all Americans no matter where you are from we all believe in what it stands for. It means freedom and not only that it represents the sacrifices of many Americans to give us our freedoms today. I for one appreciate those sacrifices. I fly it in front of my home in summer and hang it in our living room. It is not silly. If it wouldn't get me in trouble I would be nastier and angrier but out of respect for the rules I am keeping a civil tongue even though it really kills me to do so. USA! USA! USA! USA!

our flag

being a rtired UNION IRONWORKER we always tried to proudly fly the AMERICAN on the last beam or peace of iron we would set at times one of the safety yayhoose would tell us it violated the safety program they would go away after we expaned to them if they didn`t leave we would violate them and if they didn`t like it they could suck our $%#^ muscle`s I AIN`T TAKEN OUR FLAG FOR NOBODY:mmph::mmph:

I fly the flag everyday in warmer weather. It would take me an hour to move the snow just getting back to my flagpole.

Please do not desecrate my red, white and blue.

I read Jeff's facebook post, Ray's board, the appropriate ordinances, and this board and for the life of me I don't know who asked Jeff to take down his flag or why!!!!!

We have bashed, Sam Walton and the City of Daphne but I would venture to say that they were not involved nor was there an ordinance violation.

Does any one really know what happened before we go off half cocked and get our shorts in a knot????? Just asking!!!!

A huge food chain has prohibited the American Flag here in Michigan.
Michigan has the biggest group of muslim residents in the USA.
What next???

A huge food chain has prohibited the American Flag here in Michigan.
Michigan has the biggest group of muslim residents in the USA.
What next???
Just going to ask and I always take garbage for this but what does the state of Michigan have the largest Muslim population in the USA have to do with a chain prohibiting the flying of the flag. Also, they are not required to fly the flag. While I completely believe that is your right to fly an American Flag proudly I also believe at the same time if you do not wish to do so that you are not required to do so and it is your right to not do so if you choose. I may think it is an odd choice to not fly one but there is no law against not flying an American Flag. Also, I really doubt that them having a large Muslim population has anything to do with that.

I read Jeff's facebook post, Ray's board, the appropriate ordinances, and this board and for the life of me I don't know who asked Jeff to take down his flag or why!!!!!

We have bashed, Sam Walton and the City of Daphne but I would venture to say that they were not involved nor was there an ordinance violation.

Does any one really know what happened before we go off half cocked and get our shorts in a knot????? Just asking!!!!

I must agree. This feels like the crowd with torches and a rope gathering outside the jail. Nobody knows exactly what happened or why, but everybody wants to see the prisoner hang. I support my country as much as the next guy, but somebody's got to play John Wayne here and ask the good townsfolk to go home and let the guy in the cell have his day in court.

(pats double barrel Greener)

I must agree. This feels like the crowd with torches and a rope gathering outside the jail. Nobody knows exactly what happened or why, but everybody wants to see the prisoner hang. I support my country as much as the next guy, but somebody's got to play John Wayne here and ask the good townsfolk to go home and let the guy in the cell have his day in court.

(pats double barrel Greener)

Michael McDearman, the organizer for the Sams's Club contests, asked him to take it down because he thought the city had an ordinance about all flags. Later he came around and said he might have been mistaken and the flag went back up.

I don't think telling someone to take down the American Flag is a simple mistake. I spent several years defending that flag and this country.

Most of the time, ordinances involving flags have to do with ensuring proper respect is being observed. Rather than jumping to conclusions, THIS veteran would have made sure to get the facts straight, talked to some folks, and figured out what was really going on before jumping on Facebook.

MAAG Pakistan (woke up one morning and there was a 500 pounder unexploded outside our house. It did have the shaking hands of the US on it so that made it ok) and MACV. Been there, done that and probably would have had a few endearments had I have been asked.

I support each and every person who has a problem with this. I agree. But ultimately I wonder how this will play out for Sams in 2016. I was under the impression that each of the last 2 years there was at least some discussion of Sams series not returning by higher ups.I just gotta wonder how everyone specifically KCBS and especially Sams, and Daphne feels towards this black eye and competition BBQ.

I support each and every person who has a problem with this. I agree. But ultimately I wonder how this will play out for Sams in 2016. I was under the impression that each of the last 2 years there was at least some discussion of Sams series not returning by higher ups.I just gotta wonder how everyone specifically KCBS and especially Sams, and Daphne feels towards this black eye and competition BBQ.

I'd agree. I don't think this is the kind of publicity they're looking for, especially when it turns out to be a simple misunderstanding.

Back