No American flag at Sams Tour in Alabama against ordinances

Rule 23 of the on site rules and regulations state:

No political signage is permitted. No signage or promotional material may be displayed or distributed without prior approval from Sam's Club officials, and no solicitation is allowed. Due to existing sponsorships and partnerships for the Sam's Club National BBQ Tour, Sam's Club and KCBS reserve the right to have any team sponsorship signage removed or covered up during the contest.

The enforcement of this is strictly the event coordinator (MMA employee and the reps). If a team does not follow their directions, then they must leave as they would be trespassing on Sam's property and there is no refund.

It sounds like the inmates have taken over and are now banning any and all signage so as to be fair and equal to all teams regardless of race, creed, religion, color or nationality.

As a veteran and an American citizen I find that apalling. When we compete my American flag is the first thing that goes up.
Spent 8 years defending that flag, wonder how many years the person who made that dumba** decision served ????

Off my soapbox:rant2:

This is Mike speaking as a member and not a moderator.
I always have worn the American flag on my uniform shirt and my helmet. I also have the flag displayed on the rear window of my truck and my magnetic sign on my tailgate.
If I was ordered to remove my flags by anybody there would be bad hell to pay. I really don't cow-tow to anybody when it comes to my honor of displaying Old Glory.
I have lost many friends in Vietnam. My blood father parachuted into N. Korea and then he did 3 tours in Vietnam. I have nothing to be ashamed of and nobody is gonna change my mind at all. They all can kiss my grits. Rant over.

Was talking with some of the teams last night and I've been online trying to verify, but apparently the reason for it is some freak accident where a flag got loose in a high winds and hit and killed a kid. Still trying to verify this, but that is supposedly why the ordinance came about.

If that is true it is sad, but a knee jerk reaction still I think.

Jeff's flag is still up :-D. Back to meat.........

After the TV and news got ahold of this, then I will counter sue, citing that the ordinance violates my constitutional right of free speech!!

Take my flag, I DARE YOU, the first mofo get hurts, the second goes to the hospital, I GUARANTEE IT!!!

:mad2:

I am for real when I support the American Flag. Sorry my wifes great grandfather fought in the Civil War as well. I do not take kindly to this being a civil mater Kenthanson.

Do Not Tread on me or my beloved flag ever. :becky:

That's not what I meant. The people who want to make you take down the flag and all that is silly. Sweet Mary and Joseph settle down.

The American flag was on my old trailer and it will be on my new trailer. If someone would have told me to remove my flag, I would have said no. I would have found the contest organizer and asked him/her if they were going to back the ruling. If so, I would have packed my trailer and rolled back home. I would never support a contest that the organizer held again.

I would have asked once for my fee back. If they wanted to keep the money, it would have been worth it for them to keep the money for me to support my belief. If served almost 10 yrs in the Navy to support our country and still am proud of the fact I did it.

Was talking with some of the teams last night and I've been online trying to verify, but apparently the reason for it is some freak accident where a flag got loose in a high winds and hit and killed a kid. Still trying to verify this, but that is supposedly why the ordinance came about.

SOO....Footloose with Flags?

What sort of banners are being displayed by the organizers? I would imagine that the "official" event banners are up.

Back