NJ/NY Brethren bash April 29th roll call

There is really no interest in this bash I think we should pull the plug and try again at the end of the summer or in the Fall. I hate to take a date from the VFW and not use it because they could have rented the area out.

We can get there whenever we want, it depends if people are cooking onsite or not, I was planning on cooking at home and then wrap and throw in a cooler. And yes we could use sides. Anyone attending should list what they are planning on bringing and then others can fill in the gaps.

From what I can gather it looks like about 6-8 it's like pulling teeth trying to get people to commit and respond. Everyone said it would be great to have a bash so I picked a date secured a location and I'm waiting for them to sign up. Any suggestions I already posted it in Q talk .

Just saw the thread - been on the road this last week.

The wife and I are thinking about what to bring - maybe some ribs or chicken thighs that we can finish there, or in a cooler done.

We're open to either keeping the date, or trying another date later in the season.

Ok...for sure, I am bringing 2 fattys and smoked baked beans. Oh yes and the rum and cokes!

Last edited:
Someone inquired wether or not we will have access to water. There is water out at the picnic area i'm assuming a hose and if the hall is not rented we will have access to the kitchen for cleanup. We will also be able to use their restrooms.

Back