THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how do you feel about sweet baby rays

• i love it, my go to sauce

Votes: 39 18.2%
  • i use it as a base for my doctored up sauce

Votes: 47 22.0%
  • meh

Votes: 90 42.1%
  • awful

Votes: 14 6.5%
  • sauce, we dont need no stinking sauce

Votes: 24 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Meh.....it's just ok for me nothing special.I'd take Stubb's or Kraft over it. :wink:

As much as good meat costs, no way am I going to cover up that flavor with sauce.
We use Sweet Baby Rays to cover up the failures.

Last edited:
Meh for me. I think it is a little to sweet for my family. My go to is Bulls Eye original, but I prefer to doctor it up a bit if I got the time and don't feel lazy.

I use it as a base for the couple of recipes that I have that use sauce (though there is so much else going on that the base really doesn't make that much difference). I never use it on traditional BBQ meat though, nor do I use any other sauce.

Don't really like SWR or Stubbs but usually take whatever is in the frig and add it together then add some ACV and a bit of hot sauce.. I like BullsEye Mesquite but haven't been able to find it anymore. But it's been so long i don't remember what it tastes like ..

I keep SBR in the fridge for my daughter. She loves that stuff. I don't sauce anything but if I had to it would be a thinner vinegar based sauce.

I never really cared for it, but my kids love it. Once I was almost out of ketchup and used it as a base without adding any other sugars/sweeteners and the result was really good.

I don't apply the sauce to the meat, I only serve it on the side for those who wish to use it.

Last edited:
Ever since I was a kid I put bbq sauce on everything most people put ketchup on. For along time SBR was my sauce of choice. Now I try to eat better and avoid HFCC... My current sauce for most things (burgers, hotdogs, etc) is Rufus Teague Wiskey Maple...unfortunetly it's a bit pricey.

Back