• meh

Votes: 90 42.1%
  • awful

Votes: 14 6.5%
  • sauce, we dont need no stinking sauce

Votes: 24 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's a go-to when people want a sauce, but it never goes on straight from the bottle.. Usually it gets about 1/3 A-1 added to cut the sweetness.. and maybe some hot sauce added.. Just my 2 cents worth...:thumb:

I make a home made sauce that is similar to it but tastes better IMO. I'm still working on perfecting my sauce making skills - I like to doctor up sauces as well. I voted meh because it doesn't blow me away - and I like the sweet stuff.

My favorite store bought sauces are Bull's Eye Memphis style & KC Masterpiece Original.
Haven't found anything else that I really like more.

I voted meh. Bought it once because I saw so many on here that liked it. I am not really a sauce person anyway. I like my desserts sweet, not my food. But others (wife) like the sweet so I try to have choices. Usually I use Head Country Original if I sauce. Also I am pretty fond of the Huli Huli sauce I make at home.

Meh.... I put it on a pork burger or brat occasionally. I make my own for ribs or PP.

I like it and everyone I cook for has liked it. It goes well with my rubs. I only use the hone- I like the thickness, i like the peppery flavor, especially on my ribs and pulled pork. I also serve it only on the side unless requested otherwise.

I'm also noticing that most of the people who say they don't like it are people who make their own sauce... just an observation.

HFCS doesn't worry me- as far as your body knows, sugar is sugar. Its just sugar that comes from corn! IMHO It's no worse for your body than cane sugar, and you can't really cut it out of your diet completely because it's ubiquitous. Your body turns everything you eat into sugar or fat anyway... Must be why they taste so good.

I gave it a "meh"... I make my own sauce which is like a western Carolina sauce, but on occasion I've added ACV, water and mustard to SBR's and made it taste alright. It's too sweet and thick for me.

I like it and everyone I cook for has liked it. It goes well with my rubs. I only use the hone- I like the thickness, i like the peppery flavor, especially on my ribs and pulled pork. I also serve it only on the side unless requested otherwise.

I'm also noticing that most of the people who say they don't like it are people who make their own sauce... just an observation.

HFCS doesn't worry me- as far as your body knows, sugar is sugar. Its just sugar that comes from corn! IMHO It's no worse for your body than cane sugar, and you can't really cut it out of your diet completely because it's ubiquitous. Your body turns everything you eat into sugar or fat anyway... Must be why they taste so good.

HFCS is not just sugar from syrup, that would be corn syrup. High fructose corn syrup is made through more of a complex process and is really refined. Don't get me wrong I drink plenty of soda and that stuff is loaded with it. I just prefer a sauce that's not mostly made of processed sugar.

On edit: yes I know all sugar is processed

I'm of the meh camp as well. It's not bad, but in get turned off by the fact that they use HFCS in it. Too many products use it IMO.
I know it's just another form of sugar, BUT it it most likely made from GMO corn, and I want no part of GMO products.

If I use sauce, it's usually Stubbs. Sugar, molasses, tomatoes and spices. Natural stuff, can't go wrong with that.

Meh,...I prefer a thinner sauce with more of a peppery, spicy note to it. SBR is way too sweet and thick out of the bottle for my taste and if I were to use it I'd have to cut it with some vinegar, probably some Louisiana style hot sauce and maybe some tomato puree or paste w/water.:-D

OK. I voted go to, but that's only when I don't make my own. Wife & son like the sweet so it's always on hand. Have recently true Stubbs original & think it's pretty good as well. Not quite as sweet ad SBRs. Personally like my own best.

I'm of the meh camp as well. It's not bad, but in get turned off by the fact that they use HFCS in it. Too many products use it IMO.
I know it's just another form of sugar, BUT it it most likely made from GMO corn, and I want no part of GMO products.

If I use sauce, it's usually Stubbs. Sugar, molasses, tomatoes and spices. Natural stuff, can't go wrong with that.

Most sugar in the US is made from beets which are typically GMO. Unless it specifically says cane sugar or organic sugar it's probably made from GMO sugar beets.

I make my own sauce ... Baby Rays is ok if I have nothing else but at the same time its so heavy with sugar and everything I can't use it often.

Back