Newest Old Country Pit - Smokehouse Vertical

Just checked 2 academies in the DFW area and didn't see any. I looked on the website and didnt see the smokehouse vertical. Was it discontinued?

When online inventory is out the Website will not show them or say not available. Some stores will still have some. When online warehouses get more inventory they come back on the website. Seen it with the Wrangler and O/U several times.........

Smitty says don't worry. Last time they showed up again on the web after a couple weeks.

Yup 4 per rack in 8-10 lb range, might could squeeze 5 or 6 but may restrict airflow.......

Sounds good...agreed to cater my niece's wedding in September and will be doing about 80 or so pounds, pre-cooked. Can toss a couple on for myself as well.
Just wish I could fit more than 3 half pans at a time...gonna be doing 8 half pans of beans and 8-10 pans of mac. Will have to run multiple cookers, multiple runs each.

If you bought the Old Country Thermos from Academy they can vary greatly.......I usually get River Country Adjustables from Amazon - I wish I could afford TelTru.

Isn't there a 3/8" or so difference in threading? What did you do to get the RC to fit?

Smitty says don't worry. Last time they showed up again on the web after a couple weeks.

Yeah..I was freaking out a month or so back when the Wrangler and Smokehouse disappeared and the Cantina grill and the baby Over & Under (can't remember the actual name) both went on clearance. I was convinced that Academy was getting out of the decent smoker business.:shock:

My local store finally got a couple of Smokehouses in a week or so back and, as soon as my work schedule permits, I'm gonna shanghai my nephew and go grab one.

Just clean it out for metal shavings- wet paper towels or something and spray ALL cooking chamber with spray cooking oil and fire it up for a few hours.

I'm guessing, since you got one of the prototypes, that yours didn't have the same sticky greasy film all over the grates that the store units have? Guessing I need to clean these before coating and firing up for the burn in?...am picking one up in a couple of weeks.
Gotta move some red brick chips, level the ground and get some patio stones down...48" x 112" straight run, then an "L" shape coming off the end about 48" x 48". Wife doesn't want me using the concrete area around the pool and authorized and start an outdoor kitchen just off to the side. getting ready for it!
Shopping online for a stainless steel table at the moment...any suggestions? Looking in the 24" x 48" range. Found this today...
[ame="https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HJATY32/ref=asc_df_B01HJATY324857051/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B01HJATY32&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167150179416&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14595589361756820671&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9010187&hvtargid=pla-274166404443"]Amazon.com : Keter Unity XL Indoor Outdoor Entertainment BBQ Storage Table / Prep Station / Serving Cart with Metal Top : Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

Just checked 2 academies in the DFW area and didn't see any. I looked on the website and didnt see the smokehouse vertical. Was it discontinued?

Burleson had 3 today. Old Country Smokers come and go Online depending on Online Warehouse Inventory. Don't know why it can't just say "Out of Stock".

There is nothing to put together. I use a 6" putty knife to scoop ash but any small flat shovel will work, the fire grate will come out making it easy.
I have not seen a cover for them, mine sits in the driveway......

So yours sits outside all the time? I assume you have a tarp or something? I am thinking of having a cover made when I get mine as it will be sitting outside and I want to fight the elements and rusting as much as I can.

So yours sits outside all the time? I assume you have a tarp or something? I am thinking of having a cover made when I get mine as it will be sitting outside and I want to fight the elements and rusting as much as I can.

I keep it covered with atmosphere.........:mrgreen:

Driving by Academy today and the wife says, 'you know I've never been in there'.

Tires almost left thick rubber I turned so quick...'well then dear let's go now....oh by the way as long as we are walking in check out this Smokehouse...yeah that's the one I've been talking about...see how little space it takes...did you know it can run on sticks..'

They had two in stock...one out in front and one in the store. As soon as I land a new gig I've got her sold.

Only cost me $150 in gear for kids baseball and clearance Cardinal shirts. Plus the Plowboys Yardbird was on sale for $8.99 and I was running low.

Tick toc..

There's 3 sitting out front at the Academy store in my town...haven't moved in several weeks....

One is starting to get rusty....:shock:

I think 1 Catalina, 1 Wrangler 2, and 3 Pecos' in the store....

Anybody done a Big Cook on the Smokehouse? loaded it Up? Post Pics.........Mine is 20x20 but the the store models are 24x20".
One should be able to do 5-6 racks of ribs (in rib rack), 4 Butts and 2 Briskets or 6 Briskets or 12 Butts.......or 15-18 racks of Ribs in Rib Racks.

Back