New Weber Griddle

I read that black stone controls 80% of the griddle market. Curious to see if the “Weber” name will be able to make a dent in it

My guess is it’ll be about the same impact to the market that their foray into the pellet grill market had. Blackstone is the Traeger of the griddle market IMO.

I see plenty design 'features' that I'm not a fan of. That's a lot of money for a 28" griddle that hasn't been thought out.

Hah! Suds nailed it/infiltrated my Insta. Just saw a post there for....the Traeger Griddle. Already solved 3 issues I see with this Weber, albeit for a couple more bucks.

Last edited:
At that price point I don't think BS has anything to worry about.

I thought that too, but I went and looked at Blackstone's site.

Holy Schnykey.

Yes, there are barebones 28" on the Blackstone site, but damn, they have models with all sorts of do dads and air fry crap and such.... Damn expensive there too.

Weber use to make CI griddles as accessories for their kettles and gas grills. Still have a couple of them but haven't used in years...they'd need to be sand/bead blasted and reseasoned.

The griddles were double-sided. One side was flat and the other ribbed for grill marks. Never tried the flat side. Used the ribbed side at least 3 times a week for both direct and indirect. The CI griddle was much better than Weber's standard wire grates. Weber made a special wire rack to hold the griddle in the kettle. Think I still have a couple of those too.

With the BS explosion over the last few years, kind of surprised Weber hasn't reintroduced the kettle griddle.

Back