New smoker—worth the wait

God bless you. I know the feeling of losing a child. Smoker looks awesome!

Thanks for all the thoughts. Hoping to get the smoker dirty today or tomorrow.

OK Ruger ..... next time you upgrade your pit be sure to let me know. As long as you will be driving to Dripping Springs to pick it up .... you can drop off the old one as you drive by !!!! Enjoy !!!!

OK Ruger ..... next time you upgrade your pit be sure to let me know. As long as you will be driving to Dripping Springs to pick it up .... you can drop off the old one as you drive by !!!! Enjoy !!!!

Thinking this one will have to stay in the permanent collection. Never know what the future may hold though!

That is a beautiful smoker and tribute. Praying for your family, couldn't imagine the pain, but take comfort in knowing he is with our heavenly father. Now lets fire it up to continue the tribute.

Great looking smoker, and a great tribute too, I can only imagine the pain your family is going thru. Prayers to all.

So sorry for your loss.

Any chance I’ll stumble across that beautiful smoker on campus tailgating? Might be the most beautiful smoker I’ve seen in this board.

Geaux Tigers!

So sorry for your loss.

Any chance I’ll stumble across that beautiful smoker on campus tailgating? Might be the most beautiful smoker I’ve seen in this board.

Geaux Tigers!

You just might! I grew up out there from Friday nights to Sunday morning. Now the grandparents have gotten older and cousins moved off we don’t tailgate as much, but still have our rv spots and 11 season tickets. I do have a few friends that tailgate by the Ag Center that I am supposed to go cook for at some point this year.

You just might! I grew up out there from Friday nights to Sunday morning. Now the grandparents have gotten older and cousins moved off we don’t tailgate as much, but still have our rv spots and 11 season tickets. I do have a few friends that tailgate by the Ag Center that I am supposed to go cook for at some point this year.

Just make a thread here so I know to look for you/your smoker. I would love to see it in person.

Such a beautiful cooker. Looking forward to more pics and impressions.

Please tell us your thoughts/impressions/reasons for choosing etc Backline smokers. Genuinely interested.

Such a beautiful cooker. Looking forward to more pics and impressions.

Please tell us your thoughts/impressions/reasons for choosing etc Backline smokers. Genuinely interested.

I had used Ryan to build my last backyard pit, he shared my post trying to sell it and the buyer actually came from his post. I also knew he is pretty creative and a good fabricator. My only other consideration was Austin Smoke Works as I still really want one of theirs. But, Ryan took care of me this go round so it was really hard to not repay him for the help.

I'm thinking about an Austin Smokeworks 250-Gallon trailer myself, or possibly a Primitive Pits model.

You can’t go wrong with ASW. I still want one of their pits. I actually got a quote from them first when I decided to get a 250.

Back