New Old Country Pit - Over n Under - I like it

Been out of town this weekend. I haven't had a chance to fire it up. I would like to get it going this week if I can get out of work a little early one day. I will definitely let everyone know when I put something on it. I would like to try a tri-tip and some pork loin on it soon. I just gotta find the time.

That really looks familiar to me, I built one just like that 5 years ago, it was my first smoker. I gave it away, to get out of my garage. Guess they ripped off my crappy idea.

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,365
OK Let me get this straight. The new pit was seasoned on March 15th...and still no food pron? Someone needs a day off. :p

Anybody else get one of these?
My wife just bought me one of these for a combination birthday/early Father's Day present. Ironically, she bought it for me on Mother's Day... Just got it all seasoned and ready to go yesterday. Planning on doing some baby backs tomorrow or Friday.

The only issue I've got with this unit right out of the gate is that the charcoal/wood tray in the firebox is somewhat flimsy. Not bad enough to be a deal killer by any means. It just could've been built a bit sturdier imo. It was an easy fix with a little welding and some 2 inch angle and eighth inch flat stock. Other than that, I'm very happy with this unit! The first two pics are of the tray as it comes from the factory.
DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

Cool! Keep us updated Bay B Baq

Ya the fit n finish is always a lil rough and stuff like the flimsy tray but that's why they are $500 instead of $800/$1000. Worth the price if you are semi handy and don't mind tweaking a few things. :thumb:

Last edited:
nice

you have a LOT of wood in there!! It is a huge firebox! Looks like its 1/2 the size of the cook box!

I would cut that one big log smaller when you go do a real cook on it

Yeah I'm used to a much smaller firebox and significantly smaller cooking chamber. I wasn't sure how much wood it'd need to sustain heat for an extended period of time. I guess another benefit of seasoning a new smoker is getting the opportunity to see how it'll behave once lit. I'll definitely be using a bit less wood when I do the first cook tomorrow.

Yeah I'm used to a much smaller firebox and significantly smaller cooking chamber. I wasn't sure how much wood it'd need to sustain heat for an extended period of time. I guess another benefit of seasoning a new smoker is getting the opportunity to see how it'll behave once lit. I'll definitely be using a bit less wood when I do the first cook tomorrow.

Yeah, I am sure you will need less wood. The cook chamber isnt that big.

its a neat pit. I have an old NB El Dorado that you dont see very often and its pretty neat too, cuz its different!!

Back