New Member in Spain, from Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thing he didn't catch one -- they don't taste like chicken! Well, maybe chicken-of-the-sea! :mrgreen:

Ralph! Gotta remember that. A little free association: Honeymooners! "Hey, Raphie boy!" :D

Michael, we frequently hijack threads and go off topic around here.

Just never in QTalk or Discussion & Reflection. :twisted:

Enjoy the ride here. Ahhhhh, back on topic.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and humor. This is a great place and I look forward to getting on here as much as I can to try to learn the art of fine BBQ! Well guys I found a place out in town to make me the baffle mod. I finally got it today, they did a good job making it. Still looking for a place that sales expanded steel for the grate mod. They have got some briskets and a 13lb pork shoulder at the commisary on base, so I think I might try to fire the beast up this weekend. Should I post my questions here about this "maiden" voyage or start a new string in Qtalk?

Should I post my questions here about this "maiden" voyage or start a new string in Qtalk?

Start a new one in QTalk. Less likely (we hope) to get hijacked there.
What's the time difference between Spain and the states? Are you planning an all nighter or starting in the morning? I ask because some of us may be online when you ask questions and give immediate responses, if we had a timeframe.

and I'm not being judgemental about a hijack, sometimes I can't resist myself....it brightens my sometimes gloomy days.....

We are 7 hours ahead of central time in the US. I guess if I do the 13lb shoulder it will have to be an all nighter. I will start a new thread on Qtalk with some starter questions tonight and then can look online while Qing.

sometimes I can't resist

Sometime? Sometimes? Yeah, and the sun SOMETIMES rises in the east!

Mike,

Cooking goes to QTalk.

As far as expanded steel - don't you know any Chiefs? :D I'll bet that for a rack of real BBQ ribs a Chief would come up with whatever size pieces of steel you need.

I know, I'm thinking like enlisted swine - but hey I retired top three, I can't help myself! :twisted:

DFLittle said:
sometimes I can't resist

Mike,

Cooking goes to QTalk.

As far as expanded steel - don't you know any Chiefs? :D I'll bet that for a rack of real BBQ ribs a Chief would come up with whatever size pieces of steel you need.

I know, I'm thinking like enlisted swine - but hey I retired top three, I can't help myself! :twisted:

MilSpeak Mod

DFLittle said:
sometimes I can't resist

Mike,

Cooking goes to QTalk.

Right on, Dave!

I found another place off base that said they could make the expanded metal fire grate! I hope to get it tomorrow. I just went to the industrial area of town and when down the line of shops pointing to pictures of the fire grate mod until I found one who said "no problemo". So I should have the both the baffle mod and fire grate mod installed before firing up the Bandera Saturday.

David, the Chief idea would have been my next step. If you want anything in the Navy the CPO's are the one's you need to ask! :)

Nice to meet ya Michael. This is a great site. You'll learn plenty from these guys.

Welcome and a BIG THANKS for what you do for all of us stateside. As you can see, these guys are quite entertaining and packed full of shi...I mean information...yea..that's it...information....

Keep us informed of how things go!! These guys had me cooking great 'Q on my maiden voyage with the 'dera. I am sure you will do the same.

Dustin,
That is an awesome elk in your picture! And with a bow! The only thing I miss more than family back home is hunting and fishing. The fishing here is horid unless you can get out on a deep sea trip which is very expensive in shi**y boats. I want to do a Red Stag hunt (sort of a small version of an Elk), but it is very expensive around $4,000, so I probably will not hunt big game here. I have some leads on getting to do some red legged partridge hunting next year. They don't have public hunting here, so you have to know someone and even then it is pretty much a closed society of the "elite" that hunt here. That is just another thing we take for granted in the USA. For most countries over here only the rich can have access to and can afford to hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back