New dad and a week of queing

cheeaa

Full Fledged Farker
Hi Brethren!! Wanted to post my week of queing as a dad for the first time!! So, June 14th, this little guy was born.

attachment.php

By Fathers day, I got the best gift ever! We got to go home!! Me and the wife decided that ribeyes were the way to go and celebrate!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sprinkled a little Weber steak seasoning on there.

I'm bad with the pron, but I reminded myself to get at least one shot before it was gone!

attachment.php

Fast forward to Tuesday morning and I did a pork butt (rubbed with Weber classic bbq rub, cooked hot n fast at 325-350. took about 8 hours.) to help with meals throughout the week. Here it is Tuesday morning at 10 am. This parenthood thing isn't too hard. :biggrin1:

attachment.php

Future brethren watching through the door.

attachment.php

Not a bad place to do some smoking...

attachment.php

Here we are with about 3 hours left to go.

attachment.php

Finished product with some sauce and vinegar slaw. I probably ate 10 of these the rest of the week. lol

attachment.php

The pork butt did us well throughout the whole week until saturday. Froze up the rest. We wanted something different so I did a spatchcock. Rubbed this guy with Weber Kickn Chicken. Again, cooked at 325-350, for about an hour I believe. once the breast and thighs were almost to finishing temp, I put it over the fire on each side for a couple minutes.

Here it is getting some high heat to crisp up that skin and get some char.

attachment.php

Nice and juicy!!! Served with baked beans and a kick ass pasta salad the wife makes.

attachment.php

To top the week, this past sunday we went with pork tenderloin marinated and injected with teriyaki sauce.

I did it indirect, then put it on the fire to get some char.

attachment.php

By the way, this was a hot cook. This temp below is at 6:30 pm sitting in the shade!! Glad the beer was there for hydration!! :-D

attachment.php

This looks much darker than it actually was, but cooked it to about 150IT and plated with the two best sides ever.

attachment.php

attachment.php

So there you have it! Just wanted to share it all with the place that taught and (keeps teaching me) how to que!! Sorry for the sporadic pics and bad cell phone pics. I need to work on my rpon!!! thanks for stopping in!!

Last edited:
Lovely son. Hope mom is doing well.
You have some BBQ skills.

Thanks. Moms fantastic. Even after the c section she was up and moving the next day and never took any pain drugs. The girls a champ. I told her we should've filled the percocet script though..... just in case.... :spy: she didnt go for it. lol

Congrats on the kid and good looking food. Our boy is due in Oct and my wife says he will come out with a rib in one hand and a beer in the other.

I was thinking mine would've too! at 9 lbs I guess I was feedign him good in there though!

Congrats! The wife and I had our first, a baby boy, on Cinqo De Mayo!

He was 9 lbs. 13.5 oz.!

I've been doing pretty much all the cooking since... so that means a lot of BBQ!

Congrats on the new little one! He is adorable! :becky:
Food looks excellent too. :thumb:

Congrats! The wife and I had our first, a baby boy, on Cinqo De Mayo!

He was 9 lbs. 13.5 oz.!

I've been doing pretty much all the cooking since... so that means a lot of BBQ!

Lol!! That's a big baby right there! Congrats to you too!

The older I get the more I can appreciate these moments.....all the happiness and health to yours and the little one.......you might better start workin....looks like that youngun is gonna put away some groceries and some QUE!!!.......:clap:

A big Congrats!!!! We had twin boys on July 4th three years ago and EVERYTHING's changed. It's great.

Ah that's wonderful, what a handsome little guy. Fathers Day (June 17th) was my baby's 32'nd birthday. What a present she was 32 years ago, and she'll always be Daddy's little girl. That's some good looking grub too. Congrats on everything!

Back