THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm digging the show. It's fun to try to figure out what I would do with the ingredients once revealed, then see what the competitors on the show actually make. I think most have done a great job with what they've been given, especially since most are untrained cooks.

I'll be watching!

I've been recording it. Some shows I forward through really fast just to see the winners. Those are usually the ones where the ingredients are too strange/unfamiliar to me and probably wouldn't / won't be cooking.

Some of the items I definitely would make, but it's a shame there is such a short time constraint for the dishes. I like the BBQ Pitmaster game style where the cooks are given multiple hours to crank out some good food.

I think the show would be more interesting and maybe harder to judge if the contestants weren't so rushed. I would hope that most Americans would plan their grilling ahead of time and wouldn't rush to finish entire meals in under an hour.

I'm mixed on the show - some of them I was totally confused as to how they arrived at the winner ... and others were entertaining. Can't say that this is a show I am learning from though.

I understand what you're saying. It's kind of like "BBQ Pitmasters".
I don't learn much, as it's edited mostly for television, but every once in a while I catch a tip that I think I might be able to use on a cook of mine. At the end of the day, they aren't televising a "how to" show, they're televising a reality show that just happens to have something to do with our hobby/passion.

Back