New BBQ show - American Grilled

I'm digging the show. It's fun to try to figure out what I would do with the ingredients once revealed, then see what the competitors on the show actually make. I think most have done a great job with what they've been given, especially since most are untrained cooks.

I'll be watching!

I've been recording it. Some shows I forward through really fast just to see the winners. Those are usually the ones where the ingredients are too strange/unfamiliar to me and probably wouldn't / won't be cooking.

Some of the items I definitely would make, but it's a shame there is such a short time constraint for the dishes. I like the BBQ Pitmaster game style where the cooks are given multiple hours to crank out some good food.

I think the show would be more interesting and maybe harder to judge if the contestants weren't so rushed. I would hope that most Americans would plan their grilling ahead of time and wouldn't rush to finish entire meals in under an hour.

I'm mixed on the show - some of them I was totally confused as to how they arrived at the winner ... and others were entertaining. Can't say that this is a show I am learning from though.

I understand what you're saying. It's kind of like "BBQ Pitmasters".
I don't learn much, as it's edited mostly for television, but every once in a while I catch a tip that I think I might be able to use on a cook of mine. At the end of the day, they aren't televising a "how to" show, they're televising a reality show that just happens to have something to do with our hobby/passion.

Back