New BBQ show - American Grilled

For those who were wondering. Everything was provided for us except knives. We were allowed to bring our own knives. So far I have watched every episode and I can say the other cities got some awesome ingredients. I have to say on my episode ours were worst case scenario.

Heh... I realized last week that DTV wasn't messing with me and only airing the standard def version of the show, but I farked up and selected to record it on the non-HD channel.

Has anyone been watching? Just wondering what you think after a few episodes.

I think it's interesting that most of the competitors I've seen are BBQ cooks, and not necessarily "grillers."

I'm terribly upset that you were literally 100' from my office window in the Savannah episode and I didn't even know it.

I have not enjoyed it to be honest. Every time they criticize someone for lack of "grill evidence" I get upset. I would rather see people using a grill creatively as a cooker than shoving every ingredient on and charring it.

I have not enjoyed it to be honest. Every time they criticize someone for lack of "grill evidence" I get upset. I would rather see people using a grill creatively as a cooker than shoving every ingredient on and charring it.

I thought that too. I wonder about the cookers. Are they new? Seasoned? Not everything has to have marks on it to be "off the grill". That's my opinion though. I do watch it occasionally to get my "fix".

Has anyone been watching? Just wondering what you think after a few episodes.

Ray,
I enjoy it most when I know the Judges, like the one with the goatee. 8)
Or the fine lady from Canada 8)

It' not my favorite show, but it is entertaining enough to pacify my BBQ TV addiction. :-D

My feelings also.
I do like that they are primarily (not 100%) home cooks or casual pros.

Forcing them to use gas grills seems silly.

SS

The host states that is because the vast majority of grillers use gas grills.
I have no real problem with that. 8)

I do think the host is about as dry as a tater chip though.
Seems tense and uncomfortable in his role.

TIM

When I judged the "No evidence of grilling" was pretty obvious and needed to be addressed but we didn't base our decisions solely on that. We said a lot of things and they use a little bit. That seems to be an editor favorite :) The flare ups are mostly over the charcoal and IMO pretty big screw-ups on the cook's part. Gas? Who cares.

When I judged the "No evidence of grilling" was pretty obvious and needed to be addressed but we didn't base our decisions solely on that. We said a lot of things and they use a little bit. That seems to be an editor favorite :) The flare ups are mostly over the charcoal and IMO pretty big screw-ups on the cook's part. Gas? Who cares.

Thanks for posting Ray. I am glad to hear that they were made aware that grill evidence was a criteria. I still think it is more interesting seeing (like the folks here do on a very regular basis) people use their cooking instruments in non-traditional ways.

Sherri Logan Williams, who will be competing on Wednesday, won the Good Morning America, "Game Day Grub Recipe Contest", with the recipe below. She is a primarily a home cook who loves spicy food, and she can really throw down in the kitchen. She also has excellent presentation skills.

Spicy Pulled Pork BBQ Stuffed Pepper Mini's

1/2 cup spicy BBQ Sauce
1/3 lb smoked pulled pork, chopped
6-8 ounces Mexican shredded cheese
1/2 small onion, grated
2 tablespoons jarred peppers, chopped
2 medium garlic cloves, grated
1-2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
Zest of 1 lime
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
1/2 teaspoon habanera sea salt
12 mini sweet bell peppers cut in half
Cooking Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients, except halved peppers, in a mixing bowl.
Stuff pepper halves with mixture. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until peppers are soft and cheese has melted.
Recipe courtesy of Sherri Williams of Crestview. Florida.
This recipe was styled by chef Karen Pickus for Good Morning America.

It's ok. One of many shows I watch as I am prepping or cooking. Not something I have to hear every word or see every screen shot.

The one on the left!

Attachments

• American Grilled_Battle on Beale St._Contestants (l to r) - Clint, Blake, Kevin, Catherine.jpg
    American Grilled_Battle on Beale St._Contestants (l to r) - Clint, Blake, Kevin, Catherine.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 69
Back