New BBQ show - American Grilled

DVR is set to record, although I'm not getting Chicago. I'm going to Ashville NC.
Here's the copy and paste;
======================================
"Scuppernongs, stinky goat cheese and liver mush are among the unique local ingredients that must be used in the opening outdoor grilling challenge in Asheville, N.C."
Not very appetizing, I must say.
But I'll be watching anyway. I've got the entire series set to record.

DVR is set to record, although I'm not getting Chicago. I'm going to Ashville NC.
Here's the copy and paste;
"Scuppernongs, stinky goat cheese and liver mush are among the unique local ingredients that must be used in the opening outdoor grilling challenge in Asheville, N.C."
Not very appetizing, I must say.
But I'll be watching anyway. I've got the entire series set to record.

Tomorrow night's episode is Ashville, NC. The Chicago episode is August 20.

I checked out tonight's premier episode (airs at 9pm ET on Travel Channel) and it's a good one. I'll be on the Memphis episode Sept. 3rd!

The Uverse online guide finally shows this at the right time. I had to delete my series recording and do it over again.

Also, The new season of BBQ Crawl with DivaQ airs immediately following American Grilled. There are two episodes of BBQ crawl in a row.

I believe the time change came because Adam Richman's new show was pulled for an open mouth insert foot comment on Twitter from Adam.

American Grilled TV Show

The 2nd episode is set to run tonight (Wednesday, July 9th) on The Travel Channel with 12 more weekly shows to follow. I enjoyed seeing the raw, amateur contestants in the first installment using mostly real, everyday ingredients with a little off the wall item thrown in. I'll most certainly be watching every week.

What's everyone's opinion so far?

Mod Note:

I've merged the various threads on American Grilled into one. Please continue discussion of American Grilled in this thread.

We enjoyed the first episode and we're looking forward to more. There are several folks that I know who will be on upcoming episodes.

I liked the first show, although the one judge seemed like he lacked some knowledge. Other than that, I liked the use of amateur bbq chefs.

It was ok. Biggest gripe is that it airs in standard definition. Looks funny on a big screen...

Loved last night's show! Congratulations to all the competitors...you all did well!

Looking forward to next week already!

I must be the outcast here but i really didn't like the show. I liked pit masters better and just couldn't get into this series at all.

Back