New BBQ Pit Box insulated cabinet smoker

LordRiffenstein

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Yoeri
After the issues with my Yoder seem to be a never ending story, the misses suggested we should look at buying something to replace it. First looked at another brand of pellet grill but then decided I wanted something that does not need power and has no moving parts. As I wanted a good amount of grate real estate, something that can be left unattended for overnight cooks, a cabinet smoker came quickly into the picture.

I looked around for what's available in Europe and rediscovered BBQ Pit Box from Hungary. Their line of insulated smokers was exactly what I was looking for. Pricey but by all accounts totally worth it. Was in touch with them when I found a store in Finland who had one in stock ready to be shipped. So we went with that one. It arrived last week, did the burnout and seasoning the same day and the first cook on Saturday.

To say I'm impressed is an understatement. When I was doing the cook, difference between top and bottom was no more then 3-4C. I'm still learning how to run it but even now it easily ran 16 hours. And i hadn't even filled up the basket completely. Really looking forward to more cooks and a first overnight run.
a24e243d175e1a165f1d5b17879f77fa.jpg
d2bae150088263e058e765077b87f829.jpg
9ebde444e5bc1530ae1a9b8396fbaf8a.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A528B met Tapatalk

Last edited:
Are you happy you moved on from the pellet smoker? Or too early to tell yet? Food looks fantastic

Too early to tell but I know I will be glad if I no longer have to worry if my grill is going to fire up/stay on temp/have an auger fire/etc and I can do an overnight cook without loosing my sleep.

Great looking pit! The lamb looks incredible as well

I normally do salt-pepper-garlic on the lamb but SO glad to have used the Naturriffic lamb rub, it gave the barbacoa a different depth of flavour. The lemon in the rub is awesome! And used your rib rub as well, becoming one of our favs real quick.

:clap2: I remember posting those guys videos a cpl years Ago

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X94ik-QPROs

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CN2ra5gtbeg

I said IF I ever go to Europe I wanna hang out with those guys……

I remember somebody posted about them but couldn´t find the thread. I mailed with the owner several times, guy REALLY knows what he is doing. I had the option of getting one of his gravity fed smokers for sale 2nd hand in Germany but the beast was 350kg or so and just to much to handle.

Back