N Texas Brethren Bash Fall 2016 Planning

I will be making this one. It has been way to long since I have fired up the pit. I have a seventh month old. Never to early to get her started though I guess!
Great! Hit the link and let us know how many please. :mrgreen:

I got my eye on this. I have it in the calendar, but not sure I'll be able to make it. That is the last weekend my nephew is in town before leaving for Navy boot camp, so we are talking about doing something for him that weekend.

Yes and we'd be honored to have you crash our little bash

Cool. I use a supplier in Ft Worth for 24-30 inch tank ends I turn into fire pits (they are like gold around here) and can justify the round trip in lieu of shipping for a truck load. I'll put it on the calendar and see if it works out.

Well we are 59 Days out, according to the ole clock on the wall, so to speak. We have some great Brethren signed up to cook. Should be some good Q. We are excited to have a shot at having Thatgrimguy and dwfisk attend our Bash.
We welcome any and all to come and just enjoy the day at the lake with some good food and great fellowship. We always seem to have a great time. Especially if Bludawg brings our favorite adult beverages!!

It is not necessary to bring a cooker. We usually have space available somewhere if you want to bring something to cook. Just speak up and let us know what we can help with. Or just show up, with your family and friends, and enjoy some great Q and hang out with us.

Again, don't be bashful, just ask if you have any questions about anything.

Hotch

This may be a long shot, but any of the local dfw guys have recommendations for classic style butcher shops? Meat market? Quality etc.. The Carnecería I use is heavily leaned toward the Hispanic community (I'm Latino lol) while this is great for Fajita/leg quarter specials I'll mention (in Spanish) things such as large cut of ribeye an they look thrown off much less if I say tomahawk steak or the like.. Talking about brisket is also eh at best (typically do albertsons or SAMs for brisket) any recommendation will do as I trust in the locals experience.. I'm still kinda new even after two years of living here. (Near the downtown/north side area) or closer to (Randol Mill & 820/30) traveling not an issue..

Sorry about being off topic didn't know where else to post.. Hope to make it out to the fall bash, but I've missed the last two with issues popping up out of the blue so I'll wait till later to sign up.. Thanks in advance

This may be a long shot, but any of the local dfw guys have recommendations for classic style butcher shops? Meat market? Quality etc.. The Carnecería I use is heavily leaned toward the Hispanic community (I'm Latino lol) while this is great for Fajita/leg quarter specials I'll mention (in Spanish) things such as large cut of ribeye an they look thrown off much less if I say tomahawk steak or the like.. Talking about brisket is also eh at best (typically do albertsons or SAMs for brisket) any recommendation will do as I trust in the locals experience.. I'm still kinda new even after two years of living here. (Near the downtown/north side area) or closer to (Randol Mill & 820/30) traveling not an issue..

Sorry about being off topic didn't know where else to post.. Hope to make it out to the fall bash, but I've missed the last two with issues popping up out of the blue so I'll wait till later to sign up.. Thanks in advance

I buy a lot from Costco. I'm in Prosper and the Costco in Frisco always has a great selection of proteins.

CLee,

Not really your part of town, but Hirsch's in Plano and Local Yocal are both good choices. Hirsch's in starting to price themselves up and out, but they quality and butchery is excellent and the selection is huge. Local Yocal is more of a craft place in terms of selection and service. They do wagyu and grass fed of pretty much anything you can find on a cow. Highly recommended.

Country Meats Market is right by you. I've had consistently excellent service and product from them.

http://www.countrymeatsmarket.com/

They're on Lancaster about a mile east of 820 (east side of the loop).

They sell all the BBQ cuts, they can get you just about anything you ask for by IMPS number, and they're good for everything from a rack of ribs to a side of beef (and you can get freezers from them too).

Back