My Shirley is Done, and Heading West This Weekend

Congratulations!! I can't wait till I'm at the end of my wait too. I still have about 3-4 months I think though. Maybe a little less.

At first the wait was killing me. Now I'm glad I didn't get to just order and them start building. I would have ended up with smoker/trailer that was 2-3 times bigger than I need and I would have been still shopping for one to fit my needs. How many changes did you make during your wait?

I went back and forth multiple times between a patio and trailer model. I really thought one of those big ole trailers would be really sweet, but it was far more than I needed. I had thought about stretching it as well but you get more bang for the buck by raising the frame and adding a third shelf. Having the long time in the queue gave me a bunch of options to think about and in the end I couldn't be happier with the choices I made.

I'm looking forward to getting it here but just heard from my shipper that it's not being picked up from SF until Wednesday next week not today (issue with shipper not SF). The long wait is gonna be a lil longer, but the is in sight.

I'm looking forward to getting it here but just heard from my shipper that it's not being picked up from SF until Wednesday next week not today (issue with shipper not SF). The long wait is gonna be a lil longer, but the end is in sight.

So it turns out my shipper missed the rescheduled pickup as well, so I notified him today I was cancelling the booking and re-listing it on uShip.

Once more unto the breech dear friends...

Looks a great smoker - well done! Love the Doberman on the trailer behind too - you don't see so many of that breed these days.

My elusive unicorn Eleanor has finally arrived. We got her rolled into place just as the rain started to fall. Can't wait to fire her up this weekend to learn how she cooks.

Gotta get ready for the following weekend when the family comes over for a ribfest (doin beef and babys)...

Attachments

• Smoker5.jpg
    Smoker5.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 268
  • Smoker6.jpg
    Smoker6.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 268
  • Smoker7.jpg
    Smoker7.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 266
  • Smoker8.jpg
    Smoker8.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 269
Great looking machine - it never rains in the desert - and the first day you get your new pit you get rain - enjoy

Back