My New Rotis Build

I got started on the internals yesterday. I have changed the size of the cooking racks to 16" wide x 48" long. I'm hoping for a capacity of 48 whole chickens. I have the room, I could make a smaller rack above for a little more space.

19437716_1888495801415233_6095076860307706052_n.jpg

Last edited:
Fantastic and exciting. Thanks for being generous with your time and posting these for us all. Very cool of you.

Fantastic and exciting. Thanks for being generous with your time and posting these for us all. Very cool of you.

Thanks for looking. I'm going to try and update this thread as I progress, but let me warn you, It's going to be a slow process. I'm so busy in my shop at the moment that I will only be working on this build after hours.

Last edited:
I see you stamped out the rack holders. I wish I had of done that. I welded each one back in 2007. Racks used to be like maybe 54 inches. Then.... I realized I could not do Turkeys ( it was a six shelf) or clods. So... I cut them in half.... Rotisserie on one side... Shelves on the other... Then... Well now... Shelves and hangers like a pbc.

One thing I learned... Your connections from the shelves to the arms need to be as simple and loose as they can be. I used to have these wonderful ball bearing connections.. Then they bound up one smoke and dumped a load... Which then bound up all the other shelves... The motor ( I don't use but save for a clod or steamship round rotisserie I want to build later) is a Dayton... 11 rpm beast.

Thanks for the info.
I see you stamped out the rack holders. I wish I had of done that. I welded each one back in 2007. Racks used to be like maybe 54 inches. Then.... I realized I could not do Turkeys ( it was a six shelf) or clods. So... I cut them in half.... Rotisserie on one side... Shelves on the other... Then... Well now... Shelves and hangers like a pbc.

One thing I learned... Your connections from the shelves to the arms need to be as simple and loose as they can be. I used to have these wonderful ball bearing connections.. Then they bound up one smoke and dumped a load... Which then bound up all the other shelves... The motor ( I don't use but save for a clod or steamship round rotisserie I want to build later) is a Dayton... 11 rpm beast.

Ferris Wheel of Meat

Can't wait to see it all assembled and giving the passengers their "final ride".

Great way to utilize the space. But can this really be called a Rotisserie? My understanding is the meat needs to rotate and baste itself.

Back