My new LSG arrived! Pics and a question

FINALLY got it out of the wood cage of death.

Here is a pic - upside down thermometer and all...

15h27ir.jpg

Hold the temperature gauge in place and snug up the nut with a wrench. It doesn't have to be super tight. It was probably installed finger tight when manufactured.

I'm really glad I downsized my order from the large to the PeeWee for a couple of reasons:

1) With the money saved it allowed me to also order an Assassin 48" grill and end up at the same price as just the large smoker;

2) After fighting with the PeeWee and the crate at only 350lbs, I can't even begin to imagine fighting with the large at 950lbs;

3) Wife said to me tonight "are you sure the PeeWee is going to be gin enough? Looks kinds small." At which point I immediately explained how that was part of the plan as to get another smoker at some point so when we make multiple meats at once they can each be at different temps. And she said "Oh, OK". Soooooo.......saving up for an Assassin 17 Gravity Fed smoker! Woo Hoo!!!!!

I'm really glad I downsized my order from the large to the PeeWee for a couple of reasons:

1) With the money saved it allowed me to also order an Assassin 48" grill and end up at the same price as just the large smoker;

2) After fighting with the PeeWee and the crate at only 350lbs, I can't even begin to imagine fighting with the large at 950lbs;

3) Wife said to me tonight "are you sure the PeeWee is going to be gin enough? Looks kinds small." At which point I immediately explained how that was part of the plan as to get another smoker at some point so when we make multiple meats at once they can each be at different temps. And she said "Oh, OK". Soooooo.......saving up for an Assassin 17 Gravity Fed smoker! Woo Hoo!!!!!

Ok. Mad props! Just bought 2 cookers and already have an in on the 3rd. Everyone bow down!!! :pound:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

++++ on you showing up to the Fall Texas Bash..... just do it

Wife and I would love to. We are trying to get a new business off the ground so I am literally working 7 days a week right now with little control over my schedule. If there is is a potential for business, I need to work it.

Wife and I would love to. We are trying to get a new business off the ground so I am literally working 7 days a week right now with little control over my schedule. If there is is a potential for business, I need to work it.
Understandable. Good luck on your business endeavor!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ya know, that thermometer is going to be nothing but trouble, and you're never going to like smoking in that cooker. Besides, it's too small. Tell ya what, bring that hunk of junk to the Bash, and I'll take it to a disposal place for you free of charge. I'd usually charge $100 to haul something like that away, but you're a Brethren. ;)

Spoke to Chris today. You guys were right. He said I could use a wrench on it or some teflon tape.

I think I'm going to go the tape route.

Back