My first Tomahawk steak

ronbrad62

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Ron
I bought this steak a while back, the 16Adams special, and pulled it out of the freezer to cook for dinner.
I seasoned it with Kinders and let it sit while I got the coals ready.
I cooked it to about 124° and then did a reverse sear and pulled it at about 135°. After a few minutes rest, I sliced in and it looked perfect.
The seasoning was excellent and dinner was a hit with the wife and daughter.
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_20210806_175117992.jpg
    IMG_20210806_175117992.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_20210806_182436577.jpg
    IMG_20210806_182436577.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_20210806_191717667.jpg
    IMG_20210806_191717667.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_20210806_193445791.jpg
    IMG_20210806_193445791.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 262
And since the coals were hot, I had seen Hatch Green Chiles in the local stores this week and wanted to try my hand at them, so I bought a few and roasted them. They are sweating now and I will remove the skins shortly. If they turn out as good as I hope, I will definitely be buying more tomorrow to prep and freeze. You guys here turned me on to them and I can't thank you enough!!

Attachments

• IMG_20210806_183053969.jpg
    IMG_20210806_183053969.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_20210806_202637676.jpg
    IMG_20210806_202637676.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 264
My wife almost bought me a Tomahawk around fathers day. I am glad she didn't. Hear me out.......

Boneless ribeye's go on sale for $6/lb ( i actually have like 20 1-1/2 inch ribeye's in the freezer) Anyway, At $15+/lb your paying for that huge bone. I bet that bone weighs almost a pound!
Unless you plan on eating that entire steak with no knife or fork, just holding onto that bone, i don't even see the experience of it.

We might be more inclined to “hear you out” if you weren’t so negative all the time.

BTW, If you actually bothered to read my posts, i offer a lot of good information. But snowflakes only see the negative things i post. I call them constructive criticism.
I have asked the mods to change my name to negative Norman, they have not complied. Not my fault.

Last edited:
Nice cookin' Ron! :thumb:

There's nothing quite like grilling up a good tomahawk, especially when you get it at the "Woohoo!" sale price.

Nice cook Ronnie, looks spot on. :thumb:maybe you should take up competions:tongue:

Nice cook Ronnie, looks spot on. :thumb:maybe you should take up competions:tongue:

There was actually supposed to be a double steak competition at the BBQ comp that I cooked last weekend, but it was cancelled because of a lack of teams signed up. The last one that I cooked in, I was dead last, so I wanted redemption.

My wife almost bought me a Tomahawk around fathers day. I am glad she didn't. Hear me out.......

Boneless ribeye's go on sale for $6/lb ( i actually have like 20 1-1/2 inch ribeye's in the freezer) Anyway, At $15+/lb your paying for that huge bone. I bet that bone weighs almost a pound!
Unless you plan on eating that entire steak with no knife or fork, just holding onto that bone, i don't even see the experience of it.

BTW, If you actually bothered to read my posts, i offer a lot of good information. But snowflakes only see the negative things i post. I call them constructive criticism.
I have asked the mods to change my name to negative Norman, they have not complied. Not my fault.

I think the mods would approve if you asked to change your name to Contradictory Candace. Let it snow.

I think the mods would approve if you asked to change your name to Contradictory Candace. Let it snow.

Sounds catchy, but I'll stick with NegativeNorman.
I like how you ignore my point about posting good information. Its actually funny how many people PM me, to ask me for details. I stopped responding after realizing they are PM'ing me because they dont want to ask or thank me in public. Maybe Mods should change my name to Leo the Leper.

Last edited:
Sounds catchy, but I'll stick with NegativeNorman.
I like how you ignore my point about posting good information. Its actually funny how many people PM me, to ask me for details. I stopped responding after realizing they are PM'ing me because they dont want to ask or thank me in public. Maybe Mods should change my name to Leo the Leper.

I think everyone in here is aware of the price of meat, calling your post good information is kind of moot. The brother bought and cooked the cut of meat he wanted, looks perfect, and didn't cost you a dime.

I think everyone in here is aware of the price of meat, calling your post good information is kind of moot. The brother bought and cooked the cut of meat he wanted, looks perfect, and didn't cost you a dime.
Price of meat varies from state to state. So you're wrong about everyone being aware of price. But i am wrong about assuming TS thought he payed too much for said price of meat.

At least someone is on the same page as me. Not saying you agree with me, but close.

I'm going to agree with you NN. I've only eaten one tomahawk rib eye and it was a free meal at a hospitality dinner and was perfectly cooked. The only way I'd buy one would be at a greatly reduced price because, I too, do not wish to pay for the bone of a regular priced one.

Thanks,

Robert

Back