More Baby Backs... Pron

I didn't notice from the pictures, but did you remove the membrane from your BB's before the cook? I cooked some last Sunday, and left the membrane on, and they turned out much juicer than when I remove the membrane first. I was surprised, as it was the first time I tried that. It was very easy to pull it off each rib when served, so no harm, no foul. Do any of you cook yours with the membrane intact?

Blessings,

Omar

You cooked some beautiful ribs, I can almost taste them just looking at the pictures.
Thanks for sharing!!!

I didn't notice from the pictures, but did you remove the membrane from your BB's before the cook? I cooked some last Sunday, and left the membrane on, and they turned out much juicer than when I remove the membrane first. I was surprised, as it was the first time I tried that. It was very easy to pull it off each rib when served, so no harm, no foul. Do any of you cook yours with the membrane intact?

Blessings,

Omar

I always peel mine. Just how I learned to cook em and I've never had any moisture issues so I'll probably keep doing it that way.

You cooked some beautiful ribs, I can almost taste them just looking at the pictures.
Thanks for sharing!!!

Thanks man.

I did a poll awhile back on branes. 80% take em off, 10% leave em, and 10% said depends. I've left it before (I score it) and it comes out fine. Most who do say it helps with moisture.

I did a poll awhile back on branes. 80% take em off, 10% leave em, and 10% said depends. I've left it before (I score it) and it comes out fine. Most who do say it helps with moisture.

Yeah I've heard it helps with moisture, but I just learned how to cook pulling the membranes so that's how I've always rolled. Also one time I ate some spares with the membrane left on an it came off like some kinda slimy skin while I was eating and I didn't like it.
You should do another poll soon man... Polls are fun lol

Back