Back Backs

Bury Me In Smoke

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
AD
Doing 4 racks of baby backs tomorrow for my mother in law's 75 birthday. It'll be my second cook on my new Mak 1 Star. Ribs are in the fridge now with a dry rub on them. Suggestions for the cook? I've always done the 3-2-1 method on my Weber kettle. Do you need the 2 hours in foil on a pellet pooper?

I very rarely wrap no matter the cooker. 275-300 for around 4 hours til they pass the bend test. If they’re thick it may take an extra half hour.

If your family does like fall off the bone, then you can foil for an 45mins to an hour, but for back ribs I wouldn’t do more than that.
Or do two of each way.

I very rarely wrap no matter the cooker. 275-300 for around 4 hours til they pass the bend test. If they’re thick it may take an extra half hour.

If your family does like fall off the bone, then you can foil for an 45mins to an hour, but for back ribs I wouldn’t do more than that.
Or do two of each way.

Awesome, thanks so much for the advice! I may do two racks in foil for a little bit and leave the other two out for comparison purposes. Going to use apple pellets.

Not my best effort, I think I left them in the foil a little too long. Got distracted by people talking, lol. Overall pretty good though, great flavor. I basted them with butter and maple syrup that I make before putting them in the foil. Everyone loved them but I can make improvements. Loving the Mak though!

43587.jpg

Depends on the Temp but 3-2-1 is too long for Baby backs - more like 2 - .75- 1 at 275* I usually run nekid the whole cook and Baby Backs take 3-3.5 hours at 275-300*.

Depends on the Temp but 3-2-1 is too long for Baby backs - more like 2 - .75- 1 at 275* I usually run nekid the whole cook and Baby Backs take 3-3.5 hours at 275-300*.

My plan was to only have them in the foil for 45 minutes, but they went longer then I wanted. I'll probably cut the initial cook time down as well the next time. I did these at 250 degrees

Back