MIM Poultry Turn In

SmokinwithSoul

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
Dee
Has anyone ever done the poultry turn in and did something other than the traditional thighs and legs? Just tryna get some ideas going. If so could you share some pics?

What you turn in depends on the sanctioning body that is doing the competition. In Texas, most of the comps are IBCA and you have to turn in 1/2 of a chicken with the legs and wings still attached.

Inhave never cooked MIM but have done a lot of comps. Although majority were thighs I did do legs in a kcbs comp once and took 11th. I cant do legs in a FBA comp because no parsley which doesnt elevate food enough into wide part of box

I have also done drumstick lollipops for a charity cookoff and got an award there

Done boneless thighs small enough to leave sliced breast meat down center of box. Cant remember result on this one

I would like to do tenderloin to give similar appearance to pork tubes in a box. Never got around to trying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did boneless breasts in KCBS.

I thought they looked great in the box, got mixed results with the judges though, even getting a 2 in appearance from one judge.

Back