Meatfest at Bob's house - 24 hours of meat pron

Thanks man. I've certainly been slacking off on the music part of it. But it's been enough of a challenge to cook the food and post pics, much less find the tunes on YouTube and link them here.

But anyway, I made another "delivery" to the family.
MOINK balls and stuffed tomatoes.

The fatties are on now, and I also took the opportunity to smoke up some cold cuts.
The sliced ham and roast beef will go for my lunches next week.

Thanks guys. :laugh:

Tell ya what...I'm worn out.
I found the "full line' of my familys stomach, and my own.
Sad thing is, although we're all finished eating, I still have to process 15 pounds of meat.
Portioning it out, bagging it up... cleaning up the mess.

The chuck roast has been wrapped for a while and is ready to 'pull' and bag up.
The two butts are wrapped and need the rest for a bit more before they're pulled.
I've been at it 13 hours today. When all is said and done, I'll have been at this 14 or 15 hours.
That's not counting the prep work last night.

Oh. There's still two fatties on the grill. I'll have to leave myself a note to not forget them.
I'd hate to find them tomorrow morning!

Ok then. Time to go pull the chuck roast. Might as well take some pics of that too. :wacko:

Thanks FC.
I've got a thread around here somewhere where I show how I wrap the lunch meat and a piece of cheese in a small tortilla and press it on a panini press.
It certainly makes things convenient, as the panini keep the tortilla from unrolling when reheating in the microwave at work.

OK folks. That's it, I'm done. 14 hours today, and I still have to clean up the island/bar area. Here's what I ended up with. Three bags of chuck roast and four bags of PP.
The chuck turned out "unpullable", so it's now sliced.

Thanks for sticking around, hope you enjoyed the pron.
I'm going to have a beverage and collapse in the chair.
Nighty night all!

Ya know, that's a great idea. I never thought about a chimney worth.
The thought of dumping a bunch of cold "ashy" Kingsford in the pit sends chills up my spine...

Not sure why it would. When you think about it, that's exactly what's happening with the Minion method: lit coals (from the chimney) heat the unlit coals until they catch and ash over. Same thing with adding more briquettes to your cook, but instead of the hot coals being from the chimney, they're from your already lit ring. The only reason I would start a chimney on the side and add it to the coals in the cooker is that you can get the chimney up to temp faster since it's exposed to more oxygen then the sealed-off cooker. But adding unlit coals to the ring is really no different than the Minion method.

THANKS to all for the kind words and complements!

How did the shrooms turn out? Don't know why but I've never done them without cheese or traditional stuffing. And I love me some shrooms! LOL!
They were decent. They definitely needed more, as they were a bit plain. Cheese would certainly helped (as would have several other ingredients). I had more left, but by the time I was ready for a second batch, the family was getting full and didn't want any more.

Not sure why it would. When you think about it, that's exactly what's happening with the Minion method: lit coals (from the chimney) heat the unlit coals until they catch and ash over. Same thing with adding more briquettes to your cook, but instead of the hot coals being from the chimney, they're from your already lit ring. The only reason I would start a chimney on the side and add it to the coals in the cooker is that you can get the chimney up to temp faster since it's exposed to more oxygen then the sealed-off cooker. But adding unlit coals to the ring is really no different than the Minion method.
Well, my biggest fear of dumping cold, dry briquettes on an existing fire would be the resulting thick white smoke and black dust getting on the food. As it was, I was afraid on dumping the lit ones on, as the ash would get all over the food. So what I did, was remove all the food from the smoker, open the door and poor the chimney down the face of the door. I couldn't poor directly from the top as the water pan was in the way. So yea, either way would have worked (hot or cold briquettes) if you're removing the food anyway. But thank you for the advise, that was VERY timely and VERY helpful!

Hey wait a minute........you still owe us 10 more hrs..........:shock:
Well, I started the food prep at 5:00 PM Friday night, and the thread about 6:00PM. My 24 hour comment and title was based on starting "the event" from that point. Not that I was going to cook for 24 hours. Looking back, I don't think I could do this for 24 hours. The only time I sat down was to post pics. The rest of the time was prepping, cleaning, delivering snacks, prepping more, cleaning more, delivering....etc..etc..etc...

My ankles, knees and lower back are showing their disapproval this morning. :laugh:

THANKS to all for the kind words and complements!

They were decent. They definitely needed more, as they were a bit plain. Cheese would certainly helped (as would have several other ingredients). I had more left, but by the time I was ready for a second batch, the family was getting full and didn't want any more.

That's what went through my head when I saw that they didn't show up again. When they get full you finish up what freezes or reheats well........ and boy stuffed shrooms ain't it!:laugh:

Thanks for posting and giving us a look into your day. It can be a hassle between the actual cook and family looking to razz ya for taking pictures of everything!:grin:

Yea, I've never tried to have those mushrooms as leftovers, but I wouldn't imagine they're be good at all. ha ha
You're very welcome though, glad you enjoyed.
The family is used to me taking pics of food though. I stopped getting "those" looks a cuple years ago. haha

Great job Bob. I am sure the family enjoyed the fruits of your labor. Hope you took today to just sit back and relax. Let them bring food to you.

Back