Meatfest at Bob's house - 24 hours of meat pron

Good morning all, good morning Jeanie and Jed!

Alarm went off at 5:00, here's what 5:05 looked like. Got a stick of cherry nested under 15# of Kingsford.
Our store quit selling the 17# bags. :twitch:

We've got a high of 46F with a 60% chance of rain this afternoon.
The WSM will be in the garage, just in case.

Time for some coffee and some early morning meat prep. :-D
More pics soon.

Thanks Dave, see ya soon buddy! ha ha

The sun is beginning to come up. I'll greet it with a smile, a cup of coffee and some TBS.

The music accompaniment is Eric Claptons Crossroads Festival 2010 on the big system in the Man Cave.

The Man Cave bar and island running at full steam. I've never prepped this much down here before.
Usually for the bigger events, I prep in the main kitchen, but since the family is sleeping, I thought I'd make an attempt at being quiet.
Here's the scene. The major meats are out ready for trimming and rubbing.

Minor fail.
I thought I had a large aluminum turkey pan. Nope. I've got a 9x13 cake pan. crap.

Note the butt rubs. Also note (for the record) the booze isn't out. Yet. Coffee time for now. :becky:

A few peppers for the drip pans. Most of these will be stuffed and bacon wrapped later.

Chuck roast trimmed and covered with Kosher and fresh ground black pepper.

Butts trimmed and rubbed with "Simply Marvelous" and "Sweet Rub 'o Mine".

22.5 WSM is hot and ready for my meat. :shock:
Drip pan on the lower rack, with a rack on top of the pan, Butts on the "catch rack".
Top side is the Chuck Roast and Beef Ribs.
Days like this confirm that I've outgrown the 22.5.

Everything looks great. I have no doubt you and the family are in for a fun food day :thumb: We do the same thing a couple times a year with family & friends; we call it grazing.

Yip, the WSM is going to do it all!

9:00 and the family is beginning to stir. Time to prep for breakfast.

Bacon wrapped sausage patties. "Raw Nekkid Fattie Medallions", if you will.
The "big meat" is about three hours in. The beef ribs are starting to show some bone.
Have I mentioned this is my first time doing beef ribs?

I put breakfast around the outer rim as that's the hot spot.

Pay attention newbies. When you can combine
1. Jalapeños
2. Nekkid
3. All day

Well you are no longer a beginner in the BBQ Universe

Thanks for the advise on the braising Jed. Since this is my first time, I'm going "full plain", so I get a baseline for what they're like without getting too fancy.
Although....I am curious how I know when they're done. I assume it's like "the brisket buttah" test?
So far, I'm just wingin' it.

Back