Meat Thermometer help

midnight_f150

Name or Nickame
Jason
Looking for some suggestions on a meat thermometer for a Christmas gift. My cousin enjoys beer, when cooking he loses track of time and over cooks everything. Looking to get him a meat thermometer for a gift. Was going to him a simple thermoworks Dot like I use but I'm not sure if he would be able to hear it inside his house. He lives back in the sticks, I'm not sure if a wifi or Bluetooth type of thermometer would work better.

How much $ are you willing to spend? Does he have wifi? Does he need to monitor both food and pit temps? What type of grill/smoker?

I recommend both Thermoworks Signals and Meater+ or Meater block - which one depends on
the above. Well, they both want wifi. Signals is good all around except for rotisserie cooks. Meater+/block is good for rotisserie cooks but doesn't work well with some metal smokers/grills and isn't great for accurate pit/grill temps; it's great since you don't have probe cables.

I have a couple of different brands. None are Wi-Fi stuff. I can get readouts on my front porch, or inside on my recliner.
This is no big deal...Go to the hardware store.

Thermoworks Smoke is the perfect setup for someone who just wants to drink while they cook. EASY to use and I mean farking EASY! No setup required outside of possibly having to hit the "sync" button once on the receiver. Plus it has a long range and will go through a couple walls as well. I've had my smoker out back and been inside my garage, on the other side of the house, and was able to get a good signal.

https://www.thermoworks.com/smoke/

If your on a budget, check amazon. They have a ton of off brand therms with some really good reviews.

Walmart stocked some cheaper ones too during the season.

I would stick with blue tooth if your not sure about his wifi.

Back