Major Uneven Temps Solved in my Horizon 16in Offset

I had this exact same issue with my Okie Joe Longhorn. I added the Horizon convection plate and still had a 60 degree difference from left to right. Ive tried stuffing the gaps on the left side between the plate and the firebox-- No dice. I'm going to try sliding the plate an inch or two to the right as you've suggested. Seems illogical, but if it works, GREAT! Can't wait to give this a try! Thanks for sharing guys!

I had this exact same issue with my Okie Joe Longhorn. I added the Horizon convection plate and still had a 60 degree difference from left to right. Ive tried stuffing the gaps on the left side between the plate and the firebox-- No dice. I'm going to try sliding the plate an inch or two to the right as you've suggested. Seems illogical, but if it works, GREAT! Can't wait to give this a try! Thanks for sharing guys!

Be sure and report back how it works. :thumb:

I have a Horizon 20" offset, with the convection plate. Like others have stated, side-to-side balance is found by pulling it back from the edge of the chamber by about 2.50"-3.00."

A few weeks ago though, I was scheduled to roast a turkey, and also wanted to do some beef ribs I had found. By sliding the plate, the side with the turkey ran around 330°F and the side with the ribs (exhaust side) was around 240°F, which was about perfect for what was desired for each meat. This was the first time I ever really had a need for fairly disparate temperatures during the same cook. I was pretty pumped that it worked so well.

Back