Mail order Pueblo Green Chile

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I skipped Pueblo on my recent TroutBum Trip. Opting to shoot the gap and look at scenery and wildlife between Cotapaxi and Walsenburg. There are at least two farms/processors that ship.
Both are on Facebook/Instagram for contact info website etc
Milberger Farms
Disanti Farms

I’ve purchased in person at both. I may contact and order some depending on shipping cost. Right now you can get heat levels of choice.
On a different note-Processed Green Chile Sauce. The best I have found is Durango Diner Green Chile Sauce. There are some ingredients on label some may be avoiding. Add a jar of this to meat simmer layer and stack tortillas. Heaven

8z7dci30o2l31.jpg

Just kidding...I acknowledge that Colorado has edible chile....:mrgreen:

Hopefully this Covid thing does not put a damper on the green chili roasting stands in my area. Should start showing up in a few weeks or so.

They’re almost through here at United Supermarket. Ad says thru last weekend in August. There are other smaller mom and Pops that historically go a tad longer. I’m actually pretty well stocked. Usually this time of year I head to Chimayo, say a few words for friends and enemies, pick up some Chimayo Chile Sauce at the church. El Bruno’s Salsa is excellent as well. New Mexico has gone weird on things I like to do, anyway time marches on.

They’re almost through here at United Supermarket. Ad says thru last weekend in August. There are other smaller mom and Pops that historically go a tad longer. I’m actually pretty well stocked. Usually this time of year I head to Chimayo, say a few words for friends and enemies, pick up some Chimayo Chile Sauce at the church. El Bruno’s Salsa is excellent as well. New Mexico has gone weird on things I like to do, anyway time marches on.

We have some local growers in Willcox Az. that produce a green chili that I rank somewhere between a Hatch and a Colorado. They set up on the side of the road with their roasting cages and the smell of those roasting chili's is heaven only to be surpassed when they are matched with a char grilled burger.

Back