Hatch Green Chile - Handle

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Only put up about 10-12# of fresh roasted Green Chile this year. However after reading reviews online and various New Mexico cooking sites I abought 4-5 handles of chopped green chile. Young Gun's various scoville rating's, some red sauce. Nothing best's the taste of fresh fire roasted green chiles, but this is pretty dang good. Surprisingly good. Shelf life is quite long unopened, couple weeks in fridge after opening. So I'm using the ice cube tray hack to freeze and store after opening. These are mild, but have a great flavor and actually minor amount of perceptible heat. Next tray I'm going to blend, medium and mild.
MSU before sunup on the high Plains.

*"*"* 505 Green Chile is often at Sam's - Costco places like that in big jars. Ice cube hack works with 505 too

Last edited:
I saw that in stores last year but passed on it because I had chilies rollin out my...ears...

This year I don't and now I see it nowhere.

I have seen the 505 at Costco but, was not sure how good it would be. Now I know it's safe to get. Thanks!
505 is excellent on pretty much anything

50510.jpg

Edit to add: Let me know the price at Costco. It's getting more expensive on Amazon. Less expensive 505 might give me a reason to renew my Costco membership.

Last edited:
Back