Low carb pizza

bbqgeekess

Babbling Farker
Low carb pizza crust made with mozzarella, almond flour and 1 egg.

Topped with homemade sauce, mozzarella, bacon, onion slices and homemade pesto (from basil I grew in my garden last summer).

uc

How much almond flour and mozzarella to the egg?

Well what I do is put pizza stone in oven and preheat for 1/2 hour to 450F.

After preheated, I take a glass mixing bowl and put 170 grams of mozzarella in it. I microwave this for 1 minute to melt it a bit.

Then I put it back on the scale and add 70 grams of almond flour and 1 egg. Also a good hefty pinch of salt. (Sometimes some garlic powder as well.). Mix that together then microwave for 1 more minute.

Then take it out of microwave and stir it a bit with wooden spoon. Dampen hands and knead it a bit working it into a ball.

I then spread the ball flat into the pizza crust, on a parchment lined tray, almost filling about 13" round tray. Spread thin, it will puff up as you bake it.

I slide the parchment and dough off the tray onto the stone, using the tray as sort of a pizza peel.

I bake this for 5 minutes. I then use the tray to take it back off the stone.

I take it out and put on counter. I flip the pizza dough over on the parchment. The more cooked side will now be on top. I spread the pizza sauce, put on the cheese and toppings.

Then I finish it off baking on the stone, wit the last 3 minutes or so under a 500F broiler to finish just the top.

I have a Breville Countertop Oven which does toast, bake, broil etc. So I just switch from Bake 450 to Broil 500 for the last 3-4 mins or so. I pull the rack (along with the stone & pizza) out of the bottom and put it up top for the broil.

Anyways, that's how I do it with low carb crust. Using a flour dough crust of course is entirely different.. Just take the dough off counter, scretch it and put on the sauce and toppings and just bake together at the bottom on stone, no broiler. This crust is a bit more finicky and so the above is how I worked it out to taste good.

Last edited:
Between the mozzarella in the crust and the topping, you're eating quite a bit of mozarella lol. We don't do this often because even though it's low carb, it sure is a lot of protein lol.

BEAUTIFUL!!!

But this deserves to be in Qtalk!

Well I didn't BBQ it :)

Thanks for chiming in on this, Jeremy.

bbqgeekess, non BBQ/grilling content is welcomed and encouraged in Qtalk per the forum description:

QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen.

If you want a lot more eyeballs on your post, you can report the post(by clicking the little red triangle
report.gif
at the bottom left of your original post) and ask the mods to move it to Qtalk for you.

Thanks for sharing. I have to cook SCD legal for my daughter, and I can change the cheese, and start making homemade pizza she can eat!

Back