Looking to add a new cooker - $4,000 budget

MakeItHappenBBQ

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Finally ready to pull the trigger on this big purchase... I have experience on BGE's and reverse flow stick burners.. will be using it for my growing catering business and eventual competitions.

I know I posted a question like this a while back.. but I am now ready to make the purchase and want to be sure I do all of the necessary research and get some advice from folks with more experience.

Thanks

If you want a stick burner, Shirley. But if you don't want to feed it every 45 minutes or so (which can get old quickly at competitions, look at the Southern Q Limo Elite gravity fed cooker. I love mine and it will run for 12-14 hours on one load of hardwood briquettes.

I don't have fancy or expensive stuff, but if I was looking to cook plenty for business, I would go with a cabinet for more space. I know there are great verticals large sized that will fit in $4000. The gravity feed is also a good option! I know CL has a $5000 trailer near me with two large Gravity smokers; to me that would be the best for business cooking.

I don't have fancy or expensive stuff, but if I was looking to cook plenty for business, I would go with a cabinet for more space. I know there are great verticals large sized that will fit in $4000. The gravity feed is also a good option! I know CL has a $5000 trailer near me with two large Gravity smokers; to me that would be the best for business cooking.

Help me out lol what is CL short for?

If your just cooking the Big 3 I'd be looking a Pitmaker Vault for a Vertical and a SF for an offset. CL> Craigslist

Stump's XL Baby is around $3,200 plus shipping. I have the Classic and can't say enough about it. So easy to use, so we'll made. Gravity-feed with a guru is the perfect combo.

Shirley Fab or a Pitmaker Long Rifle Sniper

Long-Rifle-Sniper-Pitmaker-Smoker-3b.jpg

Shirley. Just get it done. You will get 5 times the smoker of any of these for that price. You can do wood and get the charcoal basket and do longer cooks too. It is very versatile!

Back