Looking for suggestions for a cabinet smoker.

Rusty I'm just curious as why you would say a Sumo would' fit in your Van, it's only 25" wide, 36" tall and 23" deep? I'd think that would fit into a VW Rabbit no problem let alone a minivan.

Chad and Nicole at Humphrey's are top notch. You won't find a better customer service than Chad and Nicole. Whenever you got any questions or issues they are always there for you.

Rusty I'm just curious as why you would say a Sumo would' fit in your Van, it's only 25" wide, 36" tall and 23" deep? I'd think that would fit into a VW Rabbit no problem let alone a minivan.

Never actually measured the van.I saw a sumo recently in person and to me it looked huge. I didn't get close. Just saw one from afar. Lot of things I wouldn't think would fit in the van actually do. So probably my bad vision.

How do you plan on loading that weekender into a van? At a 173# to me that is a load for two people. Best of luck on whatever you decide on.

I can guarantee the 270 Sumo fits easily in a van. I have a Dodge Grand Caravan and I drove to Greencastle, Pa. to pick up. I could've easily fit the standard had I bought it. It will also fit in a regular sized van with seats stowed or taken out. Greencastle is only about a 7hr round trip.

Come join the family.

How do you plan on loading that weekender into a van? At a 173# to me that is a load for two people. Best of luck on whatever you decide on.
What you think my wife is for? Lol.
Anything I am going to buy is a two person job.
I actually had her get out of the van Saturday and help me load it to make sure we could do it. That's when we found out the rails were bent. We did get it in the van fairly easily. My buddy was telling us exactly how to load it so we could get it in. He had us tip it on the back of the smoker and lay it down. Unloading it wasn't bad either. We unloaded it when we all realized there was a problem. Anyways it wasn't as bad as you think. Of course I am 29 going on 30 so I am still able to do this. A few years from now hopefully have a trailer.

I can guarantee the 270 Sumo fits easily in a van. I have a Dodge Grand Caravan and I drove to Greencastle, Pa. to pick up. I could've easily fit the standard had I bought it. It will also fit in a regular sized van with seats stowed or taken out. Greencastle is only about a 7hr round trip.

Come join the family.

That one probably is out of my budget but they look nice. Although my wife said we could save for one if I wanted to.

We have the same van. I have a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT. With stow and go. Just curious what one you have.

I have heard of the family. I hung out in NY with some of the 270 family. Cool bunch of people.

That one probably is out of my budget but they look nice. Although my wife said we could save for one if I wanted to.

We have the same van. I have a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT. With stow and go. Just curious what one you have.

I have heard of the family. I hung out in NY with some of the 270 family. Cool bunch of people.

2012 Grand Caravan.

I bought my weeble of him. I love my weeble. I would buy that if you could afford it. Or buy a scratch n dent weekender if not really bad.

Get a deal or order a new Humphrey's. great people. Great product. Nicole goes out of her way or maybe it's just her nature to keep their customers happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll buy a slightly damaged product is the discount is Decent....... :heh:

Agreed. Just dropped my 400 + Lbs. pint not too long ago. Broke my therm. but not a scratch on the cooker. A little dent or scratch is not going to affect the way that bad boy runs. Now saving up for and already buying a new cabinet in your head, then taking home a scratched and dinged up cooker? I could really see how that would stick in your craw and you would reconsider your options. I think Smitty has the gist of it though, see what kind of deal your buddy will make you on a damaged unit. May just be a blessing in disguise.

You can pack it well all you want but it doesn't help with some shippers/handlers

I would've waited to hear from Humphreys and work with your friend to compensate for the damages to your satisfaction and took one home or just had it shipped. People that run businesses tend to be busy and especially if they're in specialized trade. Takes time to get to customers. Nowadays, there is insurance to take care of stuff like that. Yes it takes time but if I was dead set on the smoker I wanted I would've made it work.

Good luck!

Never actually measured the van.I saw a sumo recently in person and to me it looked huge. I didn't get close. Just saw one from afar. Lot of things I wouldn't think would fit in the van actually do. So probably my bad vision.

I can confirm that it definitely fits in a minivan.

Ok folks, let me clear this up, I am the dealer being mentioned in these posts. The Humphrey's people are absolute stand up people and have treated me great, end of story. They were not aware of the damage because I never informed them. I don't want this to get blown out of proportion. The "Damage", in my opinion, is very minimal and was absolutely caused by the shipper. I didn't notice it because I left them shrink wrapped thinking when someone bought them, this would help protect them on the ride home. By the time I caught it, it's too late to file a claim. That's my fault. Lesson learned. Chad & Nicole have always bent over backwards to help me and they produce a tremendous product. I completely understand the investment someone is making in one of these which is why he left empty handed. My only reason for this reply is to let you all know, I spoke with Chad today and the first thing he asked me was, is there anything he can do to help. Good people, good product end of story. Thank you for allowing me to offer up this info. Now get out and cook!

Back