Looking for a recipe for chuck roast with potatoes carrots and onions

Bob C Cue

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I know there's tons of recipes out there but I'm kind of in a time crunch. The wife wants me to do a chuck roast on the pellet grill and then my plan would be to place it them in a foil pan with a potatoes carrots and onions. If anyone has any suggestions on length of time to smoke/internal temperature before moving into the pan and what liquid I should be adding. Any suggestions would be helpful especially on timing of each step

Thank you very much!

I put the chuck on the grill for smoke for an hour or so, then in a Dutch oven over potato’s, bell peppers and onions, a can of beef broth and a pack of dry brown gravy mix stirred into 1/2 can of water. Can all shrooms too. Cover and back on the grill for a couple of hours. It’s usually tender enough to slice by then. I usually get the grill to 325-330. Great results and you can take the meat out to rest and thicken the gravy by turning up the heat and stirring.

Thanks guys. Knew I could count on you. Got it on the MAK and will let you know how it turns out!

Bob, way late to the party, sorry

If you search (words or tags) for "chusck" or "chusk" roast, you might get a couple good hits here.

We called them chusck's/chusk's the first decade or so when the old old group got pissed on our spelling (Yahoo, not here) (similar to "snot" on Inception of Brethren thread).

My cheater suggestion is as above, smoke it for a while to get some smoke on it, then cheat on the Instapot/pressure cooker for the time it takes to get veggies done.

Good luck Brother, post results whatever method you finish with.

Thanks

Back