Lone Star Grillz Vertical Insulated Cabinet Smoker-For the new Owner

Placed my order today.

I have had several stick burners including an East Texas Smoker Company trailer, but I really stopped using the stick burners when I got my Big Green Egg for around the house. Definitely a difference in flavor but the not getting up every 45 min to feed the fire was like heaven. Since then I have used my Egg for everything but have grown tired of my lack of space. Then my research led me to the insulated cabinet smokers and after a read of this whole thread I was convinced! 10 week lead time so lets see how patient I can be.

Don't worry, Springram is only kidding. The wait goes by like it was only 10 months. And then you'll get the email that says they are building your pit. That will go by like 10 years...

I see you are in Texas, but not sure where that town is. You picking it up yourself?

I am. I have a 6'x10' utility trailer where the back is a ramp. I am up in dfw and will run on down to Houston, visit some friends and then haul it back up. Should be ready in the middle of August, just in time for football season!

May have to host an away game party for my Aggies at the house and break this sucker in right! :)

Placed my order today.

I have had several stick burners including an East Texas Smoker Company trailer, but I really stopped using the stick burners when I got my Big Green Egg for around the house. Definitely a difference in flavor but the not getting up every 45 min to feed the fire was like heaven. Since then I have used my Egg for everything but have grown tired of my lack of space. Then my research led me to the insulated cabinet smokers and after a read of this whole thread I was convinced! 10 week lead time so lets see how patient I can be.
Which smoker did you order? Options?

Yeah, agree with THoey...when I got the email it was being built......that part of the wait was lonnnggg..

Placed my order today.

I pretty much have the same story about cooking on the egg and needing more space. Ordered mine about 3 weeks ago and hope to get a cook or two on it before football season. This thread pretty much made me go with the LSG.

Placed my order today

I placed the order today for the Large Vertical Insulated Smoker
I included the following upgrades
3 additional guides and racks
Heat diverter
Two handles
T maze plates
One side table on the right side
8 inch wheels
2nd two inch ball valve
Tie down rings

Now I go to sleep for 10 weeks so I don't have to worry what is taking so long !

Last edited:
Thanks

Thank you for the wheel recommendation
I talked to Chris at alone Star about run flat tires and he mentioned a few people
Have tried them but he felt why you go to torn the smoker the run flat wheels seem t bind or resist turning

I will keep them in mind for the future

Chris actually talked me out of putting the fold down table on the left side because of the valves would interfere with the placement the fold down table on the left side

Chris and Amber have been awesome to work with and they are very responsive

The only time I have had an issue when turning it was on soft grass. In that case, the steel wheels would sink any ways, so no better. Me and a neighbor moved mine to the backyard and it was a chore, even with the tires. When I moved it again, there were several of us and we had no issues.

THoey- Did you change the wheels out yourself? If so, how did you do it? Floor Jack, and blocks? I have not looked, but I am thinking there are 4 bolts under there. I had wanted to get the run flat wheels done while there, but ran out of time.

I replaced mine myself. They are held on by 4 self tapping screws. I used 2 floor jacks and jack stands. I would recommend having someone help stabilize it while you are under it. Wasn't too bad. Takes a whole to take out all 16 screws and thread back in. One of mine was broken and just left in it. Kind of dissapointed to see that.

I ordered them and had them sent to LSG. when I picked it up, they were already attached.

Got my build email last Thursday from amber. I let out a loud cry of joy and people thought I was Bat **** crazy, not that I really care but it was a huge weight of my shoulders.
Fun times right around the corner. It will seem like they ae around the world but trust me it will be in your hands before you know it.

Can someone explain the new rain catch feature? I've seen it in the updates videos on the LSG website, but I'm not sure exactly how it functions.

From what I can tell there is a piece of metal on the roof of the smoker at the base of the smoke stack that allows for a certain amount of water to be held vs the water just dripping into the smoker when using water in the water pan

That is how I see it

Back