Lone Star Grillz Vertical Insulated Cabinet Smoker-For the new Owner

Got my email from Amber today that mine is in the build phase...7 to 10 days. Now I need to reread all the posts on these pages again..

Welcome to the longest two weeks of your life... I know, I did it twice...

For anyone interested, I just found 10" wheels both fixed an swivel. The swivels have brakes an optional swivel locks. They will substitute the pneumatic tires with 10" x 3" no-flat tires. Full set with th optional swivel locks and shipping to LSG was $170.

Service Caster Corp. [ shop.servicecaster.com/pneumatic-wheel-casters-s/1918.htm ]

One thing I learned last week: you can't easily rearrange the casters since the mounting plates are rectangular, not square. We want to have the spinners on the front, that way we can push it onto a small trailer, and not take off at competitions. Keep that in mind when ordering.

You can put swivels on all 4 corners with swivel locks the swivel can be locked at each 90 degree position so effectively the locked swivels can be locked front to back or side to side.

Kkegans..I want those wheels.......I am going to call Amber monday, but I think it is probably too late.

If you are going to move it often, look up my posts and get the no flat 10" rubber tires. Don't have breaks, but you can chalk them.

I finally figured out a way to mount my guru to this beast. I wanted to keep it on the same side as the fan but didn't want anything on the paint. I used a 1 1/4 to 1 inch bushing and them 1 inch black iron pipe to make it. The most expensive part was the $8 flange. I could have welded something on to save money, but the guru holder bolts into it easily.

Attachments

• 20160430_110753.jpg
    20160430_110753.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 354
Looks cool. Can we see a picture of the top where the fan and Guru attach?

Kkegans..I want those wheels.......I am going to call Amber monday, but I think it is probably too late.
DBBQ,

Lonestar Grillz didn't have a 10" wheel solution. They said they had not received enough feedback from the few customers that had tried them, but if I ordered them and had them shipped to LSG, they would put them on my cabinet,

I found the casters with brakes and the swivel locks at Service Caster Corp [servicecaster.com].

10" x 3.5" pneumatic tire swivel caster W/brake [ SCC-100S3504-PNB-TLB-BK]
10" x 3.5" pneumatic tiere rigid caster [ SCC-100R3504-PNBY-BK ]I also opted for the no-flat 10" x 3" [ 643-256-1x30 ] hand truck wheels , I didn't want to deal with air filled tires
And swivel locks to keem the casters locked for loading and unloading using a ramp.

I am one of those that have the 10" rubber no flat tires. Had it a couple months. I have moved it off the trailer and into the garage, two of us moved it from the garage to a temporary spot in the backyard, and then it got moved to its final (for now) home.

It rolls real easily on concrete. It rolls fine with two people on hard ground. Hit a couple of soggy spots that it sunk into. Broke out the boards and got through it. If there were more than the two of us, I think we wouldn't have needed the boards. The last move had six people and they were able to roll it no probs.

I recommend them, but haven't had them long enough to say how they will last in the long haul.

The following are what I ordered. No brakes on any of them unfortunately.

http://www.marathonind.com/10-Swivel-Caster-with-Flat-Free-Tire-P166C23.aspx
http://www.marathonind.com/10-Rigid-Caster-with-Flat-Free-Tire-P167C23.aspx

Got the call from Amber this afternoon. My smoker is complete and will go to shipment. I am guessing 10 to 14 days..does that seem about right? (Washington State)

Got the call from Amber this afternoon. My smoker is complete and will go to shipment. I am guessing 10 to 14 days..does that seem about right? (Washington State)
My first one never showed up. "Lost" in shipment. The second one took two days to arrive but I'm less than 600 miles away from them.

I read about that Cheez...( i think it was you). Hard to believe someone was able to steal it with all the tracking and stuff they have these days.

So I'm looking into a new pit and the LSG mini is near top of the list.

Question 1: How many full briskets can fit on the mini unit?

Back