Lone Star Grillz Vertical Insulated Cabinet Smoker-For the new Owner

I received my LSG IVC standard a little more than a month ago. Positive comments reported in this thread and others were key to the decision-making process. Before ordering, I went to the shop in Willis and met Chris and Amber, and saw the build quality first-hand - that sealed the deal.

I am still working on getting dialed in. Ribs and pork butts are coming out fine, but last two briskets not so great.

I have noticed that this beast cooks faster than the Kamado, and posted about it yesterday as it had me perplexed on a then in-process brisket (see http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249695).

Cheez, and others pointed me in the right direction on IT.

Big Swole reported that his cooks faster as well.

Do others observe faster cook times on your IVC compared to your other smokers?

Bill

Not sure yet. But this weekend I should have something to report. Brisket, chicken and ribs this weekend. With some Jambalaya I think..

I received my LSG IVC standard a little more than a month ago. Positive comments reported in this thread and others were key to the decision-making process. Before ordering, I went to the shop in Willis and met Chris and Amber, and saw the build quality first-hand - that sealed the deal.

I am still working on getting dialed in. Ribs and pork butts are coming out fine, but last two briskets not so great.

I have noticed that this beast cooks faster than the Kamado, and posted about it yesterday as it had me perplexed on a then in-process brisket (see http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249695).

Cheez, and others pointed me in the right direction on IT.

Big Swole reported that his cooks faster as well.

Do others observe faster cook times on your IVC compared to your other smokers?

Bill

Mine definitely seems to smoke a bit faster than my stick burner, maybe less temperature fluctuation? Who knows, I'm happy it does though.

Hi everyone this is my first post I was reading 140 pages lots of info here. I did order me a mini 2 weeks ago so I was told 6-8 weeks, i'm sure the wait will be worth it. I just wanted to thank everyone for all the great info.:grin:

Short wait for such a nice cooker.... You'll be impressed

Mine ---- Has arrived !!!
I feel like I should be passing out cigars or something :-D
Season and cook this weekend !!!

That is awesome and terrible at the same time.:twitch: I had a cooker delivered on a Monday before. Had to look at it all week before i had time to cook on the weekend.:tsk:

Yes terry, you are doing it all wrong. When I get a new cooker I like to take my time, clean it properly, oil it down, season her nice and slow, learn what it likes, play some Barry White...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Meh, when I got my new cabinet I wiped it down a little, sprayed it with oil and fired it up. About 3 hours into the seasoning process I threw a naked fatty in and smoked it up. Quite possibly the best fatty I ever ate. I reckon I'm a rebel too. :biggrin1:

Meh, when I got my new cabinet I wiped it down a little, sprayed it with oil and fired it up. About 3 hours into the seasoning process I threw a naked fatty in and smoked it up. Quite possibly the best fatty I ever ate. I reckon I'm a rebel too. :biggrin1:

This is my plan come Friday morning !!!
For a change, the weather is incredible in Texas -- low humidity
If it will just hold out till the Weekend
Stinking forecast shows 90% chance of rain
Good thing it's insulated :clap2:

This past weekend when we pulled it off the trailer it was scorching.
Couldn't hardly touch the smoker, thought about just spraying it
down with oil then. Would have seasoned sitting in the driveway.

Cold front in SATX today. Only supposed to get up to 90*. Be a great day to smoke something. Might have to light more than three briquettes...

Cold front in SATX today. Only supposed to get up to 90*. Be a great day to smoke something. Might have to light more than three briquettes...

its 76 now with a high of 84 in my neck of the woods. i took advantage yesterday and smoked a tri-tip because it was only 92. it was odd that my startup temp was 91 instead of 120 that i have been seeing lately.

Weather man lied. Front is slow getting here. I checked around noon and it was 95* and I know it's hotter now. B*stard...

Has anyone ever used wood pellets and spread them out through the coals
instead of wood chunks?
Just wondering how that might work

Has anyone ever used wood pellets and spread them out through the coals
instead of wood chunks?
Just wondering how that might work

I've never tried it but if I did I would probably use at least 5 pounds of pellets. Maybe 10 but that would get expensive.

Back