Lone Star Grillz Vertical Insulated Cabinet Smoker-For the new Owner

I think a friend tried to slam my door shut with the lock engaged, and it cracked the latch striker/catch plate. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement striker?

I think a friend tried to slam my door shut with the lock engaged, and it cracked the latch striker/catch plate. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement striker?

You just had to bring this thread forward again..... Lol.... Mine is painted and almost ready to shipped. Days get longer, and nights longer yet.

I'd call Chris and ask him. I bet he would sell you one. Being he buys so many he may have a good price. Then you have the same one.

Down to 3 weeks on the build !!!
Waiting on the email -- "Your build has begun !!!"
Can't wait to crank out some smoke

Trying to decide what the first cook is gonna be
Brisket is a definite... Pork Loin? Pork Butt? Pork Ribs?
Decisions Decisions
Friends are already planning on bringing stuff over to throw on too...
Might be packed up...

Let the Fun Begin !!!!!!

Bumping just to remind Pstores that his cabinet is almost ready. You know, in case he forgot. :mrgreen:

Yep just my luck...... I got the email today Smokers is complete and ready to ship. Damn, going to show up in the middle of the Turnaround........ I don't care.... I am going to take some time off and smoke on it. Who ships a new smoker during a Turnaround. Lmao...... Now the days wont be long as it's Turnaround time. But the night will be sleepless.....

Yep Turnaround as in Oil Refinery shutdown. See after I left the Hospitality Industry I went to work in Oil and Gas Industry. Lol.....

I forgot to order three weeks in a row. Can only order on Fridays. If I would have set a reminder in my phone. Would have been cooking on it already. Lol.....
It's in the mail..... Or soon to be.... Here is a pic on it before leaving Texas to a more normal climate.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 392
People are starting to like and ordering the Left side cart option like mine... My door still open from the traditional side though since I have the fold down on that other side too.

In fact, I'm finishing up a Brisket / Baby Back Ribs cook as we speak :)

I THINK I finally achieved the "enough smoke" on these ribs. I used a good bit of Mesquite / Hickory chunks on this cook. Just tested the ribs prior to adding and setting the sauce in my oven. Yumm!!!

Brisket (My last Wagyu) is still on (Unwrapped) at 186* internal.

I THINK I finally achieved the "enough smoke" on these ribs. I used a good bit of Mesquite / Hickory chunks on this cook. Just tested the ribs prior to adding and setting the sauce in my oven. Yumm!!!

Sounds really good. What percentage of wood to charcoal you use? Lump or Briquets?

Did you use some of that sawmill hickory?

Finally received the email
"Fabrication has begun on your build"

Visions of smoke are dancing I my head !!
The Final Countdown Begins !!

Finally received the email
"Fabrication has begun on your build"

Visions of smoke are dancing I my head !!
The Final Countdown Begins !!

Welcome to the longest week of your life... At least you are fairly local and just go pick it up.

clock-gif-4613931

Back