THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have the 1/2 inch grate in my LSG firebox. It is not SS. First of all, it would cost a fortune if it was and, second, with out being SS, it will last several lifetimes.

stop cutting corners and spend a few $$$ you cheap farker. :bolt::behindsofa:

Congrats, that cooker is a beauty, those guys sure know what they are doing, love that style of grates too, give a nice lightly charred and smoked combination of flavors.

Sorry if it was misleading the grates are ss and the firebox is 1/2 metal and 1/2 thick metal. I am still getting the used to a constant temp of what the smoker would like to run as it was 20-30 mph winds when I started this cook.

I am looking at an LSG offset in early 2018 - I really like the vertical cooking chamber opposite the firebox for low temp smoking but I must say your setup has me thinking. Plenty of room for a hog and love the stainless racks and front table. How much was it?

It was a little over 6k plus I had the both rakes, cover, gas assist, charcoal basket and charcoal tray added with 4 temp ports, 2 fan assist ports. It is a awesome bbq pit for the long haul. I was thinking about smoking a pig for New Year’s Eve.

Back