Lone Star Grillz 60/24 offset 1st cook

Congrats on a fantastic smoker and I like your upgrades. How do those ss grates cleanup?

Ruben, can you send a pic of the stainless 1/2 inch steel grate in the firebox? You got me curious

I have the 1/2 inch grate in my LSG firebox. It is not SS. First of all, it would cost a fortune if it was and, second, with out being SS, it will last several lifetimes.

I have the 1/2 inch grate in my LSG firebox. It is not SS. First of all, it would cost a fortune if it was and, second, with out being SS, it will last several lifetimes.

stop cutting corners and spend a few $$$ you cheap farker. :bolt::behindsofa:

Congrats, that cooker is a beauty, those guys sure know what they are doing, love that style of grates too, give a nice lightly charred and smoked combination of flavors.

Sorry if it was misleading the grates are ss and the firebox is 1/2 metal and 1/2 thick metal. I am still getting the used to a constant temp of what the smoker would like to run as it was 20-30 mph winds when I started this cook.

I am looking at an LSG offset in early 2018 - I really like the vertical cooking chamber opposite the firebox for low temp smoking but I must say your setup has me thinking. Plenty of room for a hog and love the stainless racks and front table. How much was it?

It was a little over 6k plus I had the both rakes, cover, gas assist, charcoal basket and charcoal tray added with 4 temp ports, 2 fan assist ports. It is a awesome bbq pit for the long haul. I was thinking about smoking a pig for New Year’s Eve.

Back