Lone Star coming home

I reckon it will work out. The shipment was fully insured. The kicker is, #1 waiting for Estes to pay the claim, #2 waiting for Lone Star to build me another cooker. :mad2:

I'm pretty sure Chris is going to move you to the front of the line given the circumstance if it comes to that. Geez man! I thought I had an issue when the delivery company couldn't find a box truck with a lift gate heavy duty enough to bring bring down my LSG. That took a few days and it sucked but you've got it much worse.

Wow I was wondering what happened to your cooker too man. That sucks!! Estes delivered mine and was pretty good about it. I hope it turns up so you don't have to wait longer. Bummer!!

So sorry to hear that Cheez. I too thought of you this afternoon and wondered if they found it yet. Makes my slight overrun seem like nothing. I am sure Chris will take care of you.

Lost cooker?

The smoker is not lost. It is just getting seasoned and tested by a few of those union drivers. They are a dedicated bunch. If it proves worthy it will become unclaimed freight then lost for sure.

The smoker is not lost. It is just getting seasoned and tested by a few of those union drivers. They are a dedicated bunch. If it proves worthy it will become unclaimed freight then lost for sure.
I have thought this very thing since about the third day of it being "lost". Common sense tells me that there is no way to actually lose something that big. I hope Estes has cameras and can catch the scumbags if that is the case.

Sorry to read about your unfortunate situation, hopefully LSG will build you another without much delay and get a competent shipping company to deliver your Pit.

I'm going to talk to Chris on Monday and see what he will do for me. Hopefully he can find a more competent shipper to bring the next one. I just don't have the time for a three day round trip drive out there right now.

I'm going to talk to Chris on Monday and see what he will do for me. Hopefully he can find a more competent shipper to bring the next one. I just don't have the time for a three day round trip drive out there right now.

Nor should you. Man, I feel bad for you...LSG as well. It's out of their hands once it's picked up, but now they have to deal with it as well. About the only thing they can really do is threaten to pull their business from them.

I've dealt with a lot of warehouses most of my career. Short of theft, it always comes down to human error if it's "misplaced". We would all like to thing somebody wouldn't be so sinister as to steal something like this but we read about stuff like this all the time. If it was truly loaded on to the truck, then there's a paper trail and the trucking co. needs to get on investigating like a week ago.

Best of luck to you and again, sorry for your situation.

Estes still has no idea where my smoker is. They say they have put out APB's with photos provided by LSG to their network everyday since last Thursday but no response from anyone yet.

Amber at Lone Star said she filed the claim last Friday and if Estes cannot produce the smoker in 7 days they have to pay the total cost. I spoke with Chris today and he assured me that he would work a new smoker into the rotation for me in the next couple weeks if it comes to that.

That my friends is customer service that is second to none. The issue is 100% NOT the fault of LSG but yet they are willing to go far above and beyond to help the customer out.

Cheez, I talked to Chris and Amber today too. Chris said you were so worried you might go to the back of the queue and he assured you (and me) that he would get you in the next build group. They are great folks and feel horrible about the possible loss.

Soon bud. Sorry if I jumped in front of you.

Cheez, I talked to Chris and Amber today too. Chris said you were so worried you might go to the back of the queue and he assured you (and me) that he would get you in the next build group. They are great folks and feel horrible about the possible loss.

Soon bud. Sorry if I jumped in front of you.

Lol Terry you didn't jump in front of me at all. If the sorry trucking company hadn't lost my cooker I would have had it over a week ago. :wink:

I've been cooking on the big WSM for a long time and she does a great job. I'll get by with her for a few more weeks.

Any news yet?
I talked to Chris a couple hours ago. The claim process has begun but he is not going to wait for the check to come in. They will start the build the first of the week next week. I have a long weekend job to do near Baton Rouge on the weekend of 3/19. The place I will be is less than 5 hours from the LSG shop. If my smoker is done by 3/21 when I finish the job I'm going to go pick it up myself. Chris seemed to think that would be doable for him.

Back