Lone Star coming home

Congrats Cheez! Dang, that's going to be a tough wait!
You know it Matt. I just got a call from the trucking company that is delivering it to my warehouse on Monday. What's really going to be tough is that I will be in my office Monday when the smoker is delivered. Then I have to leave her and go away for a week and a half while she sits in the warehouse.:pout:

Cheez? You feeling alright? You're not looking so good. You sure you aren't going to be too sick to go out of town next week?

db6afccac70dc671b5ecf06b36b5d3f3.jpg

Well the trucking company has lost the thing. Tracking showed that it was at the terminal in Chattanooga on Saturday morning and out for delivery today. I called to see about what time it would be delivered. The girl at the terminal told me they had unloaded the truck that my smoker was manifested to but it was not on board. As of 4pm EST they still had not found which wrong truck it got loaded onto nor where it might be yet.

Chris is in contact with his freight broker on his end as well. Still no word from anyone yet. :icon_pissed:frusty:

As long as they find it in the next ten days, I guess it's ok for you to go on your trip.

I shot an email to Chris today, just checking my timeline. Fabrication is done, the still have to paint and assemble it. Not sure if it will be done by Friday... :sad:

As long as they find it in the next ten days, I guess it's ok for you to go on your trip.

I shot an email to Chris today, just checking my timeline. Fabrication is done, the still have to paint and assemble it. Not sure if it will be done by Friday... :sad:

It took them 4 days to paint mine and assemble it. You are still good.

If trucking company does not find it by tomorrow I will file a claim on the insurance.

Man how do they lose a big ole cooker like that?

Hope it works out cheez

I've asked the same question of 3 different people. Pallet is 4 feet square and 6 feet tall and weighs around 900 pounds. Trucking company says they think it got put on the wrong truck in Memphis on Friday but have not tracked said truck down yet.

Good thing we went to the moon when we did. I think things get more stupider as the years go by.

At least you have time to have someone find the elephant before your job allows you to get get back home.

Geez.....

Dude that sucks cheez!! I won't ever understand how something like this could get lost. But it happens I guess! keep us updated!

Well it has been a full week now and still Estes Express has no idea whatsoever where my smoker is. Up until yesterday when I asked LSG to file a claim Estes was not even actively looking for it. They Told me they were going to wait a week or so and see if someone called in saying they had it. WTH!!!

Well it has been a full week now and still Estes Express has no idea whatsoever where my smoker is. Up until yesterday when I asked LSG to file a claim Estes was not even actively looking for it. They Told me they were going to wait a week or so and see if someone called in saying they had it. WTH!!!

A big WTF for sure. Was just thinking about your smoker Cheez and wondering what happened and you literally posted. I wonder if anyone will even mention to Estes they rec'd a smoker if it was delivered somewhere else by mistake.

Dude. Sorry to hear this. I think if I was selling something to a Customer, I would be following up Big Time on the shipping end to ensure Customer Satisfaction. WTF?

Just my .02

Back