Loco Moco

seadad9903

Full Fledged Farker
An official entry for this weeks throw down!

I present Loco Moco, Hawaiian comfort food at it's finest.

First, the players. Eggs, ground beef, rice, gravy stuff & shredded beef (my addition to the normal recipe).

main.php

Diced the shredded beef, sautéed to crisp it, added butter and flour for a roux let it cook for a couple of minutes added water and voila! It's now gravy.

main.php

main.php

main.php

Next patties were formed from the ground beef and onto the Smokey Joe they went. Had to do two runs since I was forced to make pork chops as well and they wouldn't all fit.

main.php

main.php

Fried up some perfectly done sunny side up eggs

main.php

Finally you heap some rice, put a burger on top, put an egg on top of that, add some of the smokey goodness of the shredded beef and drown everything in the gravy.

main.php

OFFICIAL ENTRY PHOTO

main.php

Way to go Seadad! Looks mighty good! I just returned from Kauai where I found the Princeville locals get this at the local Chevron station in town. It's hard to beat for sure. I made my own interpretation for my girlz here the night before last "sans eggs" and they loved it. Naps for all!

Thanks! I've had it a couple of times when i have visited there. First time i tried to make it. Turned out pretty good, and the whole family wolfed it down.

Back