Locked and Loaded-Osage City, KS (merged)

MoKanMeathead said:
Congrats to Andy (PK), Jeff (CK), and Greg (BR) for you calls...and a special congrats to Taylor and Kaylin for their kids Q - that was cool!!

Hey Jeff - Didn't Wayne say he was glad he didn't have to worry about us guys on the new cookers. :twisted:

I'll file my claim now however for the retinal damage your spotlight inflicted on me. All the Bling on that cooker, did damage to my sensitive eyes. You dont have to keep it pretty even at 3am....:wink:

Jeff_in_KC said:
Awesome pictures, Andy! Thanks for sharing! Do you want to break it to Kaylin that Taylor won't be at Warsaw on the 28th? She has a soccer game on Saturday at 1pm. I imagine they'll have fun at GAB.

We're doing Okie Joe's, instead of the GAB - We have two weddings on the GAB weekend. I'm sure we will be out on Friday night though, so they can party a little bit then. Kaylin opted out of Spring soccer, but wants to play in the summer again - so we'll see how she does on weekends when we have a game and a kid's Q...

Once again, congrats to all. I think it's great you guys have involved your daughters. I would say the same for sons but being a woman I'm all for girl power. Keep it up all.

I actually look forward to the day Neil gets his first Spicewine smoker. Could save a lot quicker if I could keep him out of the grocery stores.

HoDeDo said:
Hey Jeff - Didn't Wayne say he was glad he didn't have to worry about us guys on the new cookers. :twisted:

I'm not touching that one with a ten foot pole! :lol: Wayne's kicked my arse at the two previous contests we've been in together AND he taught me how to do my chicken so it wouldn't be right for me to comment. One walk doesn't earn me any right to smack a guy who's been a RCG before! :wink:

Fair enough, I like to claim to be the catalyst that pushed them over the edge to compete - Especially when they walk!! :lol: So I'll put a smack on 'em every chance I get! Wayne has kicked my butt more than once also. That is what makes it fun. Once NLC splits off from Sprint, however, I won't have the interoffice bragging rights to shoot for. Just friendly pride at that point...

The year I placed 2nd in Ribs @ SITS- Mark G. (4 Men and a Pig) trimmed half my slabs for me to "show me how to do it right". He was tired of watching me butcher them (haha).... I owed him that walk for sure. It's great to be able to learn so much from those around ya. Wayne is a good one to learn from too... I've pocketed alot of ideas he's thrown my way.:eusa_clap

Jeff, Just what is this secret to winning chicken? From what I have learned is to let my kids cook it. My best is a 16th out of 86.

Not sure, DB! I've never won! LOL! But it seems to me that too much effort is made to try to get skin crisp when getting it to tear easily when it is bitten through makes more sense. It isn't cooked up as much and probably has better color. I've seen rub just placed on the skin too, not up between the skin and meat. As simple as chicken supposedly is to cook, it sure seems to me that I end up going to a heck of a lot more steps to get it done and to the judges than I do any of the other three meats.

Back