Loading up the Grocery Cart and headed to Baton Rouge

I've been talking more with Salvation Army. Looks like I'm going to serve lunch for 500 on Saturday so I'm not leaving till Friday morning. We have had customers and business friends drop off donations of items to send along with the food. I'm trying to figure out how to get someone to drop off a ton of chicken around the time the pork comes off the cooker and just keep it going and serve dinner too.

They are completely overwhelmed with how many people need help. They are serving 3000 lunches and dinners everyday. I'll barely be making a dent.

God bless you and those whom you will be serving. Thank you for your service and may God use those who you are going to feed to help those who are truly in need.

God bless you. I am from Baton Rouge and my family is all still there. It kills me to see this flooding. So far my family is still dry for the most part. Have some friends that got flooded and some friends and in-law family in Lafayette that are having some problems.

With the pulled pork you can have some chips for the pulled pork sammiches. At least something for a side that doesn't need refridgeration. Not traditional BBQ sides but it's some carbs for the workers and a little sustenance.

Also, tomato and cucumber salad as mentioned above is a good side and one I like to at with Q.

I was going to do Baked Beans, but i ran the calculator and it was saying 25 gallons of beans for 500!!! I can't fit that, and all the pork/hot dogs on the smoker. Pasta salad can be boiled on my crawfish burners in the front and stored in the coolers till service. Easy carbs and fits into the budget.

You're a good man Scott.
Helping the Salvation Army, in their endeavors, goes a lot further than you may think!
Godspeed.

Back