THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
How can you celebrate July 4th without burgers and dogs right? That's how I decided to start the weekend for cook one which was last night.

I wanted to recreate two CA favorites: The IN-N-OUT double double burger (animal style) AND the HABIT double charburger. I gave people the option to choose their favorite. :grin: I've done In-N-Out before but not Habit. Needless to say I was excited since I favor Habit myself.

Huge thanks to Moose as I followed his Habit recreation in the below link:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=185042

I made bunch or burgers so I snapped pics as much as I could.

Started off with chuck that I ground up and made into patties

6tVkgIxh.png

Put some onions on to slowly caramelize

6oQ7lNjh.png

Set up my Blackstone griddle

IzLPlAsh.png

In-N-Out double double's in the making

cvrsKBWh.png

Toasted the buns and got them ready to assemble

ABX3DQ6h.png

Ty9DFL9h.png

First patty topped with onions

twB1KsOh.png

Second patty topped with onions again and top bun. Done!

vN15hafh.png

xxxKCvZh.png

uTj9HPSh.png

Then I made the "Chef Special" :becky: I got to have BOTH. :thumb:

The Habit burger comes with sesame seed buns and the In-N-Out with regular

LRr0hW8h.png

Habit: mayo / In-N-Out: secret spread

quy3bbyh.png

Habit: Shredded lettuce, pickles, tomato lettuce / In-N-Out: pickles, tomato, lettuce leaf

efzBLwKh.png

y53hpD7h.png

Patties ready

nwpaw6hh.png

Habit: two slices of cheese on each patty / In-N-Out one slice of cheese on each patty

rgDQrj6h.png

Habit: grilled onion on top patty / In-N-Out: grilled onions on both patties

GEsBYKbh.png

YZ8Jkt5h.png

Habit: left / In-N-Out right

gCMEL90h.png

pGGOW5Sh.png

Habit first

PMKNjFbh.png

Oh my!!!:shock: Spot on only waaaaaaaay better!

53u4evmh.png

In-N-Out next

jX5SInch.png

Excellent as well. Flavors are elevated beyond compare

YrsSbo9h.png

There were dogs also but....:biggrin1:

VcGkYyBh.png

Cheers guys and happy fourth!!

mTGgYqyh.png

Yummm!

Isn't the Blackstone awesome for cooks like this?

Yummm!

Isn't the Blackstone awesome for cooks like this?

Thanks Norm!! It sure is. Ton of space so no hungry people waiting for their turn. Everyone eats at the same time so yes. :biggrin1:

Thanks brother! It was on my list and WOW it was good. :shocked:

Sako, I noticed that your onions were more "grilled" than caramelized. Have you ever tried it using fully caramelized onions like I did in my Habit thread? To me the flavor and texture is way better, but just my personal preference.

Sako, I noticed that your onions were more "grilled" than caramelized. Have you ever tried it using fully caramelized onions like I did in my Habit thread? To me the flavor and texture is way better, but just my personal preference.

I actually have and this time around I put too much clarified butter so they didn't caramelize the way I would've wanted. I like it either way but for the burger definitely caramelized is my preference also.

I could've dumped the excess butter out to char them a little but I had company already so I went with it.

Should I be thinking about these when tha fam and I go to the Apple Pan this evening? :noidea:

Those look excellent and I love both places a lot - my favorite is whichever one is closest at any given time - but I'm sure your place is the best! Very nicely done and Happy 4th!

Back