THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WilliamKY

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
William
Yesterday. 8 pounds hanging in the vertical. Naturiffic lamb seasoning. Once it got the color I wanted I wrapped with red onions, garlic, butter, and a cup of red wine. Cooked it to 195 and pulled for gyros. Red onion, feta cheese, and Greek vinaigrette. Picks aren't very good but my son and I destroyed it. We finished it off for lunch today. Definitely doing this again.

Attachments

Looks great! I have cooked lamb, not sure about a whole leg. Did it pull like a pork butt, I know some parts can be quite fatty.

Nice!! Can't beat that.

I've got a boneless, shank off lamb leg planned for New Year's. Can't

I'm guessing domestic, yearling? I came out great.
I honesty don't know. A coworker got this for me at a Halal/Kosher grocery that I didn't even know existed. It's actually a bakery but they have a really nice meat department too and sell quite a bit of middle eastern products. It's not easy finding a full leg around these parts but now I know where to get it.

A coworker got this for me at a Halal/Kosher grocery that I didn't even know existed. It's actually a bakery but they have a really nice meat department too and sell quite a bit of middle eastern products.

This is all the better IMHO! Not only did you make some killer food, but you supported a small mom & pop business in the area.

BZ, indeed.

Dammit, Boy! You're influencing ideas for our New Years celebration (on a VERY small scale) with flavor ideas from all over!

Back