Boneless Butterflied Leg of Lamb Suggestions

Smoking Piney

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
John
I picked up a small 2.7 pound boneless leg of lamb from BJs a couple of weeks ago. It's small. I'm thinking hot and fast to about 125, carryover to a little more than 130. Am I off base with this?

p0dZkok.jpg

I plan to serve it with chimichurri. Any suggestions on a good marinade / rub?

A wet "paste" of EVOO, lots of chopped garlic, rosemary, and S&P would be great to rub it down with and let sit overnight.

Also, that's a good size boneless leg to put on the rotisserie - does the meat happened to be tied into a roll? If not, that's OK, you can always grill it direct.

Here's a few shots of a lamb roti cook I did, which was dry rubbed:

My favorite is cooking on a rotisserie but also pulled lamb is really good. Smoke for 2hrs and then wrap in foil with butter, onions, herbs, and red wine. Check IT periodically until done. Naturiffic lamb rub is always included.

A wet "paste" of EVOO, lots of chopped garlic, rosemary, and S&P would be great to rub it down with and let sit overnight.

Also, that's a good size boneless leg to put on the rotisserie - does the meat happened to be tied into a roll? If not, that's OK, you can always grill it direct.

Moose,

It's not rolled. That's why I was thinking direct heat. The paste looks like it would be delicious.

Thanks! :-D

My favorite is cooking on a rotisserie but also pulled lamb is really good. Smoke for 2hrs and then wrap in foil with butter, onions, herbs, and red wine. Check IT periodically until done. Naturiffic lamb rub is always included.

William,

Not looking to pull for this cook, but I will definitely keep this mind.

thirdeye, you rock! :thumb:

I think I will do the stuffing and roll / tie the meat. That looks ridiculously good.

Back