Maple-Bourbon-ribs: recipes, spritz, glaze?

jjdbike

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
JD
Hello all & happy Friday!

I want to smoke some maple bourbon spare ribs tomorrow. I'd like the flavor to be distinctly maple bourbon w/ out overwhelming the flavor of the ribs.

It seems the rub should be a basic S & P. Other flavors like paprika, onion and garlic might not go w/ maple bourbon, do they?

I have Jack Daniels maple bourbon BBQ sauce. I was thinking about adding bourbon into an apple juice spritz w/ a little maple syrup in it. Does this sound rite?

Would it be good to add butter and maple syrup to the wrap than glaze w/ the sauce and finish unwrapped to tack sauce and tighten bark?

Am I missing anything or are there other things I should keep in mind?

Thanks in advance!
JD

Oh wow,
Lotsa views.
Perhaps it was a dumb newbie question. Truth is, I am a greenhorn when it comes pork ribs.
Plus, I’ve never tried maple bourbon anything. Was hoping for some pointers and advice.
Best regards,
JD

Sounds good to me.

Dalmatian rub and maybe a butter/brown sugar/apple juice mix when you wrap then glaze with ur sauce.

Should be rib candy

Now I want some ribs

:wave:

Speaking of bourbon BBQ sauce, i just picked up some Bourbon Peach BBQ sauce from Kinders ( never tried sauce from them before )
20230421-231115.jpg

This glaze is good! He uses it on beef ribs, but it would be killer on pork. Heck, I could drink it with a straw... lol.

https://youtu.be/n6svKOn69BQ

Thanks twalters! That does look delicious for sure! This brings two questions to mind.
1st I wonder how the spicy mustard & traditional bbq rub blends w/ the maple bourbon glaze?
2nd I also wonder why it’s important to cook off alcohol.

Any thoughts on those questions?
Thanks again!!!
JD

Thanks twalters! That does look delicious for sure! This brings two questions to mind.
1st I wonder how the spicy mustard & traditional bbq rub blends w/ the maple bourbon glaze?
2nd I also wonder why it’s important to cook off alcohol.

Any thoughts on those questions?
Thanks again!!!
JD

I used a sweeter BBQ rub. A tad peppery, but a little sweet. I used regular mustard, not spicy.

These are two of my fave rubs.

Texas BBQ Rub and Grand Champion. Very similar with the first being a bit more peppery.

http://www.texasbbqrub.com/shopping.html

Back