THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Juggy D Beerman

Full Fledged Farker
Yo to all, I plan on smoking two slabs of lamb ribs on my trial run of hanging them from the top rack of a double stacked WSM. I will be hanging three slabs of trimmed KC cut ribs too. I have my lamb rub figured out, mainly Cavedars with some more SPOG mixed in with it. I was wondering if someone had a recipe or could recommend a good store bought sauce to compliment lamb.

As for the pork ribs, I got that covered. In case anyone is wondering what KC cut ribs are here you go, I once heard KC cut ribs are StL cut ribs that have had the first rib on both ends of the rib trimmed off. Before I froze them, I trimmed the pork ribs down like this for easier cooking on my 18" WSM. Instead of cooking them flat like I had planned, I am gonna Hang 'em High...........

Since this is a trial run this could be good, might turn out bad or it could get ugly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enuOArEfqGo

I'll report back later. Thanks in advance.

Juggy

Last edited:
Maybe not a direct reply to your question, but something that I've been meaning to comment on when I see lamb done here. It might be a New England thing, but here we always serve mint jelly with lamb.

(And apple sauce with pork chops.)

A chimichurri would be good, add in some mint & oregano. Or butter lemon sauce would probably be good as well.

Are these the Wally World lamb ribs? Word of caution, on most of the racks I've bought there is a pretty big layer of fat in the middle, make sure you render that out as best you can.

Thanks for the inside information, Andy. Yes these are Wally World ribs. I now remember the last lamb ribs I had cooked. The taste of the ribs was less than palatable as not enough fat had rendered out. The butter lemon sauce might be worth a try. I just didn't want to put sweet sticky KC style sauce on them.

Back